Job offersmore »
- Managing Grower - Australia
- Senior Grower - Talbotville, Ontario, Canada
- Operations Manager - Fresh Produce
- Senior Account Manager Retail - Netherlands
- Supply Allocation and Inventory Manager - Fresh Produce, Italy
- Senior Grower - Katunga, Australia
- Key Account Manager - Netherlands
- Accountmanager aardappelinkoop BelgiŽ / Frankrijk
- International Retail Manager - Netherlands
- Quality Assurance Team EA Region -Antwerp- Quality Supervisor, Belgium
Top 5 - yesterday
- No news was published yesterday.
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
- OVERVIEW GLOBAL AVOCADO MARKET
- Costa Rica: Government accused of ignoring organic pineapple issue
- Organic food consumption continues to increase in Europe
- California grape grower-shipper publishes first Corporate Social Responsibly Report
- Spain: About 20,000 tonnes of stone fruit damaged by frost in Murcia
Exchange ratesmore »
Northern Michigan cherry harvest startsNorthern Michigan farmers have just begun harvesting cherries. Edmondson Orchards saw its first day of tree shaking last Friday. They say they've been handpicking for the last two weeks, and they'll be out using the shaker for at least another three weeks.
They were harvesting light sweet cherries Friday. Next they will take on the dark sweets and then finally, the tart cherries.
"It is very exciting and rewarding to see what is in the tank because it's a reflection of your performance of taking care of the trees," said cherry farmer Dave Edmondson.
Edmondson says the rainy weather we have seen has caused the cherries to ripen at a record pace, but he says they're very happy with the fruit so far.
Publication date: 7/18/2017
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: