Job offersmore »
- Nursery Systems Manager - Australia
- Assistant Professor of Landscape Architecture - Davis (CA), USA
- Technical Sales Representative Trainee - Ancaster, Ontario
- International Account Manager City Farming - Horticulture LED Solutions
- CEO for a leading Agri-Business working on an international basis
- Greenhouse Operations Lead - Alberta, Canada
- Commercial Head Grower - Newark, NJ (USA)
- IPM & Pollination Specialist (ornamentals) - Western Europe
- Regional Sales Manager - USA
- General Manager Operations - Australia
Top 5 - yesterday
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
Northern Michigan cherry harvest startsNorthern Michigan farmers have just begun harvesting cherries. Edmondson Orchards saw its first day of tree shaking last Friday. They say they've been handpicking for the last two weeks, and they'll be out using the shaker for at least another three weeks.
They were harvesting light sweet cherries Friday. Next they will take on the dark sweets and then finally, the tart cherries.
"It is very exciting and rewarding to see what is in the tank because it's a reflection of your performance of taking care of the trees," said cherry farmer Dave Edmondson.
Edmondson says the rainy weather we have seen has caused the cherries to ripen at a record pace, but he says they're very happy with the fruit so far.
Publication date: 7/18/2017
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: