Job offersmore »
- Account-Manager - Wickede/Ruhr, Germany
- Grower for pot plant production - Tönisvorst - Germany
- Assistant Grower & Growers - Ohio, USA
- Fruit & vegetables Export-Import manager - Avignon or Perpignan, France
- Area Manager North Europe - Netherlands
- Area Sales Manager Oost Europa - Netherlands
- Benelux Sales Manager - Grow lights, Holland
- Productie Manager - Ethiopia
- Head of Sales Europe
- Engineer support in agricultural sciences - Switzerland
Top 5 - yesterday
Top 5 - last week
- Second season for Idaho's only commercial blueberry grower
- Walmart plans to sell Japanese supermarket unit Seiyu
- Greenyard under fire after listeria contamination
- AU: New fully recyclable packaging set to take fresh produce industry by storm
- NY cherry growers could harvest sweet profits with tall greenhouses
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
Northern Michigan cherry harvest startsNorthern Michigan farmers have just begun harvesting cherries. Edmondson Orchards saw its first day of tree shaking last Friday. They say they've been handpicking for the last two weeks, and they'll be out using the shaker for at least another three weeks.
They were harvesting light sweet cherries Friday. Next they will take on the dark sweets and then finally, the tart cherries.
"It is very exciting and rewarding to see what is in the tank because it's a reflection of your performance of taking care of the trees," said cherry farmer Dave Edmondson.
Edmondson says the rainy weather we have seen has caused the cherries to ripen at a record pace, but he says they're very happy with the fruit so far.
Publication date: 7/18/2017
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: