Job offersmore »
- (junior) Agronomist China
- Department Chair and Professor of Human Ecology - Davis (CA) USA
- Factory Manager Assistant - Huizhou, China
- Internal Salesperson - Netherlands
- Crop Manager - Northern France
- Farm General Manager - Egypt
- Grower (cucumbers) - Australia
- Projectleider Export - Maasdijk, Nederland
- Sales representative - Eastern PA, DE, MD, VA & WV, USA
- Sales representative - Michigan, USA
Top 5 - yesterday
- Lidl formula is becoming more and more like the local corner shops
- Fruit fly infested fruit found in supermarket
- Increased packing line efficiency for Washington apple grower
- US: Next generation of pre-packaged snacks adds fresh fruit and vegetables
- Italian kiwifruit growers visit New Zealand orchards
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
NZ avocado oil producer's annual turnover hits $10mSince setting up production in Kenya amid the overall avocado boom, Kerikeri-based avocado oil producers Olivado has grown exponentially. In seven years, the business has grown its annual turnover tenfold to US$10.5 million (NZ$14.5m).
General manager Jason Vokes said the international popularity of avocado and moving into major supermarket chains in New Zealand, the United States and the United Kingdom, over the past five years had boosted sales.
When it was set up in 2000, Olivado became one of the world's first producers of avocado oil and remains the largest today. As demand grew New Zealand's supply decreased and in 2010 Olivado opened its factory just out of Nairobi in Kenya.
The production plant in Kenya processes avocados that are sourced from 1800 farmers. The Kenyan factory produces 350,000 litres of avocado oil per year on average, more than double of what is produced in Kerikeri.
It exports to 33 countries and Vokes said it has been developing its distribution channels in Australia and South Korea.
Publication date: 7/17/2017
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: