Job offersmore »
- Farm Manager - Vietnam
- Senior Grower – Tomatoes, Australia
- Plant Specialist City Farming - Netherlands
- General Manager, HandPicked Vegetables - US
- Agricultural Research Manager - Italy
- Grower / Consultant Asia
- Professional greenhouse grower - United States
- General Manager - China
- Agronomist - Armenia
- Grower Manager UK – Climate & Nutrition
Top 5 - yesterday
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
- AU table-grape, apple and cherry exports drop by up to 34%
- Chile exhibited its fruit export offer in London
- TOMRA launches new food sorter user interface to improve work flow
- Maersk Line papaya shipment opens India to new markets
- Matthew Brigotti joins Idaho Potato Commission as Foodservice Promotion Director
Exchange ratesmore »
World Avocado Organization transforms London buses & cabsBy mid-July, avocados will be taking over London's roads, as the World Avocado Organization (WAO) unleashes its Avocado Fruit of Life-branded buses and black cabs on a grand tour of London.
Passengers will be able to use the #AvoBus and #AvoCab hashtags to share photos of their Avo-travels on social media and enter an Instagram giveaway to win a gift card and bag themselves a summer’s supply of avocados by tagging @avocadofruitoflife and using #AvoBus or #AvoCab.
This tactic follows the activation of the first pan-European marketing campaign for avocados including partnerships with Costco and Tesco in the UK; Carrefour, Monoprix, Lidl and Costco in France; Edeka in Germany; Bama in Norway; ICA in Sweden and Costco in Iceland. In addition the WAO has also launched dedicated social media channels for the UK’s favourite superfood on Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, YouTube, and Pinterest.
Xavier Equihua, CEO of the World Avocado Organization (WAO) stated, “The UK has experienced an avocado craze in recent years and demand for them is growing on a daily basis. In 2016, Europeans ate more than 400 million kilos of avocados in 2016 and by 2017 we expect to see this increase to a whopping 480 million kilos – a 20% percent increase in just 12 months."
"We expect 2018 to be even greater with pan-European consumption growing to upwards of 500 million kilos. We want to fuel this demand and respond to UK consumers’ curiosity to learn more about the avocado’s versatility. I expect avocado demand to further grow by double digits in the UK and other European countries.”
For more information:
Tel: +44 020 3219 8796
Tel: +44 020 3219 8896
Publication date: 7/17/2017
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: