Job offersmore »
- Account Manager, Southern, Protected Cropping - Melbourne, Australia
- Coördinator Biologische Gewasbescherming - Berkel en Rodenrijs, Nederland
- Head Grower, Retractable Roof Shadehouse - Wedgecarrup, Australia
- National Nursery Manager - Melbourne, Australia
- Lighting Applications Specialist (Horticulture) - Beamsville, Ontario, Canada
- Gärtner für den konventionellen Gemüsebau - Austria
- Expert vegetable farm manager/master grower seeking for his next position
- Horticulture Advisor - The Hague, the Netherlands
- Growing Manager - Victoria, Australia
- Service Engineer - Almeria, Spain
Top 5 - yesterday
- No news was published yesterday.
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
China: Online platforms help Yantai cherries sales
"The cherry season this year has come to an end, and the market sales have been satisfying in general. Due to the climate, the total yield of Yantai cherries decreased by 20%, so the market price was slightly higher than last year," said a cherry grower from Yantai.
Cherry growers from Yantai
"My plantation is located in Yantai, Shandong. The quality cherries we have are sent to cities across the country by Shunfeng and EMS via Kangleyuan -our own e-commerce platform. Currently, our major markets include first-tier cities like Shanghai, Beijing, Guangzhou and Shenzhen."
Yantai cherries well-packed
"There are over 10 thousand local growers selling cherries online in Yantai. During the season, more sellers engage in the cherry business via online platforms. At the beginning, most of them were brokers and distributors, but in recent years more cooperatives and private plantation owners have also become active in the business."
Yantai cherries still growing
"Before 2012, limited by logistics, the major markets for Yantai cherries were in Northern China and it was hard to reach areas farther away than Shanghai, Zhanjiang and Jiangsu. Ever since 2012, especially during the past few years, with the fast development of online platforms, the demand in Guangdong, Hunan and Hubei has been rising quickly. Thus more cold-storage trucks have been available for cherries in Yantai during the production season."
WeChat ID: xinxin811002
WeChat ID: xinxin811002
Publication date: 7/17/2017
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: