Job offersmore »
- Inside Sales Coordinator - USA
- Sales Engineer, Water - The Netherlands
- Crop care supervisor - Australia
- Nursery Systems Manager - Australia
- GENERAL / FARM MANAGER - India
- Grower / Ag scientist - Australia
- Technical/ Product Representative, Russia
- Technical/ Product Representative, India
- Retail Chain Manager - Russia
- Business Advisor - China
Top 5 - yesterday
- No news was published yesterday.
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
The Swiss plum harvest beginsThe Swiss plum harvest begins this week with the main species 'Tegera' and 'Cacaks Schöne'. In the first half of the season a harvest of around 800 metric tonnes is expected, which would result in a moderately good harvest.
From this week the fruit producers will begin with the harvesting of Swiss plums. Of the early breeds, about 800 metric tonnes are picked by mid-August, which corresponds to a moderately good harvest. The frost of April has also caused damage to the plums. The regions show markedly large differences. Western Switzerland is severely affected. It looks better in Eastern Switzerland. The plum harvest this year is beginning one week earlier than in the previous year. Responsible for this is the hot summer weather in the past few weeks. The first Tegera plums are expected from week 29, followed by the second main variety Cacaks Schöne. The main harvest of the early breeds is late July, early August. At the end of July, a second harvest for the later varieties will be carried out, in particular the Fellenberg.
The total harvest is estimated to be around 700 metric tonnes this year.
Source: Swiss Fruit Association
Publication date: 7/17/2017
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: