Job offersmore »
- Horticultural Specialist - Emeryville (CA) USA
- Sales Manager Europe Division
- Grower - Delta, (OH) USA
- Export Sales - Perth, Australia
- Production Manager Indonesia - Magelang/Central Java, Indonesia
- Director ASIA Research Station Operations - Bangkok, Thailand
- Spécialiste Technique et commercial Biocontrôle pour l’Ouest de la France
- Technical sales Specialist North Europe - Benelux and Scandinavia
- Grower Manager - Tuakau, New Zealand
- Sales representative - (TN, KY, NC, SC and GA) USA
Top 5 - yesterday
- No news was published yesterday.
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
Consumption of Chilean avocados is increasingly important in Asia
National demand for avocado is very strong and can often affect the quantities exported. However, according to estimates, nearly 70% of the production of Hass avocados is sent to other destinations, such as the US (40%); Europe (30%), which until now had always occupied second place, and Asia (30%), whose demand is growing at such a speed that estimates are that it will surpass Europe in the next two years. This is mainly due to the fact that Asia is beginning to know how to consume this fruit, so "as soon as they are fully aware of the great versatility of avocado, they will quickly surpass Europe's consumption," stated Eduardo Ramírez, the commercial director at IF Procurement.
Chile's Hass avocado production has been increasing year after year due to the great international demand for this product. "On the one hand, the country is planting more, which naturally leads to an increase in the production volume; and on the other hand, producers are improving their crop management, techniques, etc., which allows each tree to produce more and to cope with the various existing diseases," said Ramirez. According to producers, in the last five years production has been increasing by 5% to 8% each year.
This year prices in all markets range between 3.80 and 4.00 dollars per kilo FOB. Last year the season started later, but the starting price of the campaign was 10% lower. This increase in prices is due to the lower volume of fruit in the US, the late start of Mexico's campaign, and the growth in consumption in the Asian and European markets.
For more information:
Telf.: +65 998793025
Publication date: 7/17/2017
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: