Job offersmore »
- Assistant Grower - Canada
- Experienced International Buyer/Seller Germany
- Project and Sales Manager - Russia/Caucasian Region
- Quality Coordinator EU in Supply Chain Management Dep.
- Regional Sales Director - United States
- Territory Sales Position - US
- International Tomato Grower - Worldwide
- Grower Manager - US
- Application Scientist Salesperson - US
- Technical & Operations Manager - Australia
Top 5 - yesterday
- "Quality for us starts more than 12 months before the crop is even harvested"
- Florida fruit growers sour over NAFTA as production continues falling
- Fruit becoming scarcer in growing world market
- “Give us 1.20 dollar more per box”
- First Colombian Hass avocado shipment makes its way to Port Long Beach, US
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
Italy: An app to assess sprayersA smartphone app to assess whether your atomiser is working properly and if irrigation is in line with the objectives. This is what was discussed during a technical meeting in Faenza (Ravenna).
Actually, these are two apps now available from Adama. One is for nozzles and one for irrigation levels. They are free and currently available in the Android Play Store. Over 500 copies have been downloaded so far.
"The National Action Plan also envisages a functional check every two years for contractors and every five years for producers. As of 2020, checks will be every three years for both categories. Sprayers must anyway be calibrated every year so as to guarantee the effectiveness of the treatment while minimising undesired effects," explained Simona Pezzoli from Adama's marketing department.
Functional checks must be performed by a specialised centre while calibration can be carried out by producers themselves.
"It's simple to calibrate sprayers using the Ugelli app, as all parameters appear on the screen. Just enter the nozzle brand, pressure, number of nozzles used and number of rows treated and the app will tell you the capacity. Then producers must enter either the speed or overall nozzle capacity. Just insert one value to calculate the other."
"For the Bagnatura app, you must place the water-sensitive cards first, then photograph the result and the app will tell you how effective the treatment was."
In addition, the Adama Catalogo app is also available with the entire company catalogue.
ADAMA Italia s.r.l.
Via Zanica, 19
24050 Grassobbio (BG)
Tel.: (+39) 035 328825
Publication date: 7/17/2017
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: