Job offersmore »
- Account Manager, Southern, Protected Cropping - Melbourne, Australia
- Coördinator Biologische Gewasbescherming - Berkel en Rodenrijs, Nederland
- Head Grower, Retractable Roof Shadehouse - Wedgecarrup, Australia
- National Nursery Manager - Melbourne, Australia
- Lighting Applications Specialist (Horticulture) - Beamsville, Ontario, Canada
- Gärtner für den konventionellen Gemüsebau - Austria
- Expert vegetable farm manager/master grower seeking for his next position
- Horticulture Advisor - The Hague, the Netherlands
- Growing Manager - Victoria, Australia
- Service Engineer - Almeria, Spain
Top 5 - yesterday
- No news was published yesterday.
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
Auchan discovers table grapes from Mazzarrone"As of mid-September 2017, Uva da Tavola di Mazzarrone Igp will be available in Auchan," reports consortium president Gianni Raniolo to a numerous delegation of supermarket and hypermarket managers.
A moment during the tour in Mazzarrone
"It's a further recognition of our work and of the quality of our grapes, which are now recognised and appreciated both in Italy and abroad. Once more, our dedication paid off and led to a new partnership with the prestigious Auchan brand."
Video-interview with Gianni Raniolo, President of Consorzio Uva da Tavola di Mazzarrone Igp
The tour had the purpose of showing the entire production process to Auchan experts - from shoots to grafting, thinning and to harvesting, which is staggered to guarantee the perfect ripening.
"Thanks to this tour, our department managers discovered what it is that makes these table grapes truly excellent. They can now train their colleagues and guide customers. This is just the first step to build an assortment of Made in Italy products from particularly suitable growing areas, harvested at the perfect moment and in partnership with selected producers," explained Davide Marcomn, director of Auchan's fresh produce department.
"We went to Mazzarrone to build an extremely professional high-quality chain together with our heads of department," added Luca Ambrosini, Fresh Produce Manager for Auchan.
Video-interview with Davide Marcomin and Luca Ambrosini (Auchan)
The group learned more about the characteristics of the grapes directly on the production territories and got to know the people who take care of the grapes day after day.
Katia Tredici, Auchan's training manager, explained the objective of "forming specialised teams that can illustrate the advantages of high-quality productions to clients."
Left to right:Raniolo, Marcomin, Ambrosini
The fruit will be strictly selected right in the vineyard, as only 30-40% of the produce will become part of the premium range. Auchan undertook anyway to collect the entire harvest and sell the remaining 60% as well.
Video-interview with Meneveri and Tredici (Auchan)
"The characteristics of Pgi products are reported in the technical specification that formalises the agreement with the supplier and must be verified at each delivery and guaranteed by checks carried our by quality managers," stressed Elisabetta Menevery, Quality Director for Auchan Retail Italia.
"Our grapes are excellent and this visit was the perfect chance to define the characteristics of the produce consumers will find in Auchan's hypermarkets and supermarkets in Italy. We undertook to guarantee Brix levels above 17°, a straw yellow colour and a set bunch weight," concluded Raniolo.
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: