Job offersmore »
- Inside Sales Coordinator - USA
- Sales Engineer, Water - The Netherlands
- Crop care supervisor - Australia
- Nursery Systems Manager - Australia
- GENERAL / FARM MANAGER - India
- Grower / Ag scientist - Australia
- Technical/ Product Representative, Russia
- Technical/ Product Representative, India
- Retail Chain Manager - Russia
- Business Advisor - China
Top 5 - yesterday
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
Costa Rican container terminal delayed following difficultiesThe opening of APM Terminals' new container facility in Moín, Costa Rica has been pushed back a year due to construction difficulties.
Construction on the facility began in March 2015, and it is currently about 70 percent complete. But an APM spokesman confirmed last week that the project will not be prepared to open in January 2018, as specified in APM’s concession agreement with the Costa Rican government, due to unforseen difficulties.
The project has encountered several problems, and it estimates that the difficulties will result in additional costs of up to $60 million, including nearly $1 million in fines.
The delays are not expected to have a significant economic impact for Puerto Rican businesses, which already have access to other port facilities, but they will reduce APM's expected revenues for 2018. The $1 billion Moín terminal will eventually handle up to 2.5 million TEU per year, an amount worth hundreds of millions of dollars in port revenues.
Publication date: 7/14/2017
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: