Job offersmore »
- Farm Manager - Vietnam
- Senior Grower – Tomatoes, Australia
- Plant Specialist City Farming - Netherlands
- General Manager, HandPicked Vegetables - US
- Agricultural Research Manager - Italy
- Grower / Consultant Asia
- Professional greenhouse grower - United States
- General Manager - China
- Agronomist - Armenia
- Grower Manager UK – Climate & Nutrition
Top 5 - yesterday
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
- AU table-grape, apple and cherry exports drop by up to 34%
- Chile exhibited its fruit export offer in London
- TOMRA launches new food sorter user interface to improve work flow
- Maersk Line papaya shipment opens India to new markets
- Matthew Brigotti joins Idaho Potato Commission as Foodservice Promotion Director
Exchange ratesmore »
Bulgaria: Supermarket for organic products opens in Sofia
On 7 July, a supermarket which will only offer organic products opened in Sofia. It is the first of its kind in Bulgaria and the first foreign franchise of NaturaSi; Italy's largest supermarket chain specialised in the sale of organic foods, as stated by Marina Bancheva, who is behind the project with her husband Milan Taskov.
The Bulgarian NaturaSi store offers over 4,000 organic certified products, including packaged (pasta, rice, legumes, cereals, canned) and bulk foods (nuts, dried fruits, cereals, beans), cosmetics, household items, pet food, fresh fruits and vegetables, delicacies or baby products, explained Marina Bancheva.
Imports are mainly from Italy, France and Germany, but Bulgarian organic products will also be sold in the store. "For the time being, we are starting with about 15 organic producers, but we are open to work with any certified firm, regardless of its size," said Marina Bancheva. She assures that suppliers will not pay an entry fee in order to sell their products.
As a rule, organic products tend to be more expensive than conventional ones because of production constraints, which lead to lower yields and more manual labour. "As a direct representative of NaturaSi, however, we are avoiding intermediaries along the chain, which will allow us to offer more competitive prices, and every month there will be 40 product promotions," explained Marina Bancheva.
Publication date: 7/14/2017
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: