Job offersmore »
- International Retail Manager - Netherlands
- Quality Assurance Team EA Region -Antwerp- Quality Supervisor, Belgium
- Manager Trucking Company - Azerbaijan
- Junior Productie Manager - Kenia
- (junior) Agronomist China
- Department Chair and Professor of Human Ecology - Davis (CA) USA
- Factory Manager Assistant - Huizhou, China
- Internal Salesperson - Netherlands
- Crop Manager - Northern France
- Farm General Manager - Egypt
Top 5 - yesterday
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
Bulgaria: Supermarket for organic products opens in Sofia
On 7 July, a supermarket which will only offer organic products opened in Sofia. It is the first of its kind in Bulgaria and the first foreign franchise of NaturaSi; Italy's largest supermarket chain specialised in the sale of organic foods, as stated by Marina Bancheva, who is behind the project with her husband Milan Taskov.
The Bulgarian NaturaSi store offers over 4,000 organic certified products, including packaged (pasta, rice, legumes, cereals, canned) and bulk foods (nuts, dried fruits, cereals, beans), cosmetics, household items, pet food, fresh fruits and vegetables, delicacies or baby products, explained Marina Bancheva.
Imports are mainly from Italy, France and Germany, but Bulgarian organic products will also be sold in the store. "For the time being, we are starting with about 15 organic producers, but we are open to work with any certified firm, regardless of its size," said Marina Bancheva. She assures that suppliers will not pay an entry fee in order to sell their products.
As a rule, organic products tend to be more expensive than conventional ones because of production constraints, which lead to lower yields and more manual labour. "As a direct representative of NaturaSi, however, we are avoiding intermediaries along the chain, which will allow us to offer more competitive prices, and every month there will be 40 product promotions," explained Marina Bancheva.
Publication date: 7/14/2017
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: