Job offersmore »
- Engineer support in agricultural sciences - Switzerland
- Farm Manager - Perth, Western Australia
- Expansion manager
- Horticultural Specialist - Emeryville (CA) USA
- Sales Manager Europe Division
- Grower - Delta, (OH) USA
- Export Sales - Perth, Australia
- Production Manager Indonesia - Magelang/Central Java, Indonesia
- Director ASIA Research Station Operations - Bangkok, Thailand
- Spécialiste Technique et commercial Biocontrôle pour l’Ouest de la France
Top 5 - yesterday
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
Philippine town makes giant 1.2 tonne saladVegetable stakeholders in the Benguet province of the Philippines showcased their produce in the biggest vegetable salad event yesterday at the town’s trading post.
Agot Balanoy, president of the Benguet Farmers’ Marketing Cooperative, said the event was spearheaded by the vegetable stakeholders in the town, in a partnership which has 14 organizations, together with the local government and the private businesses who cater to the needs of the stakeholders.
Vegetable traders prepared a giant vegetable salad using 1.2 tonnes of vegetables that included 160 kilos of romaine lettuce, 160 kilos of carrots, 160 kilos cucumber, 150 kilos sugar bits, 180 kilos tomatoes, 150 kilos marble potato, 30 kilos alfalfa, lime, broccoli and cauliflower.
The salad “bowl” measured 20 feet by 32 feet and a depth of 45 inches. There were three kinds of dressing served – mango salad dressing; strawberry salad dressing; and honey balsamic vinaigrette used to top the fresh vegetables. After completion, the salad was served for free to the public.
Publication date: 7/14/2017
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: