Job offersmore »
- (junior) Agronomist China
- Department Chair and Professor of Human Ecology - Davis (CA) USA
- Factory Manager Assistant - Huizhou, China
- Internal Salesperson - Netherlands
- Crop Manager - Northern France
- Farm General Manager - Egypt
- Grower (cucumbers) - Australia
- Projectleider Export - Maasdijk, Nederland
- Sales representative - Eastern PA, DE, MD, VA & WV, USA
- Sales representative - Michigan, USA
Top 5 - yesterday
- Lidl formula is becoming more and more like the local corner shops
- Fruit fly infested fruit found in supermarket
- Increased packing line efficiency for Washington apple grower
- Italian kiwifruit growers visit New Zealand orchards
- US: Next generation of pre-packaged snacks adds fresh fruit and vegetables
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
Yamato and JD.com team up to build cold chain logistics in ChinaChinese e-commerce giant JD.com, has announced the signing of a strategic memorandum of understanding with Yamato Holdings, a Japanese logistics company, to build a cold-chain logistics network in China for the delivery of chilled and frozen goods.
In addition, the two companies will cooperate to develop technologies for unmanned warehouses, autonomous driving, artificial intelligence and big data technologies, according to a company announcement.
"We have seen a dramatic increase of consumer demand in China for Japanese products across every retail category because Chinese shoppers admire their outstanding reputation and quality," said Richard Liu, JD.comís chairman and CEO. "This strengthened partnership with Yamato Group will give JDís consumers even greater access to the highest quality Japanese and global brands."
"By expanding our cooperation into areas like cold chain logistics, and leveraging Yamato's reach into international markets beyond Japan, we are making it even easier for our international brand partners to sell to China and tap into JD's base of 236.5 million active customers," Liu added.
Publication date: 7/14/2017
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: