Job offersmore »
- Engineer support in agricultural sciences - Switzerland
- Farm Manager - Perth, Western Australia
- Expansion manager
- Horticultural Specialist - Emeryville (CA) USA
- Sales Manager Europe Division
- Grower - Delta, (OH) USA
- Export Sales - Perth, Australia
- Production Manager Indonesia - Magelang/Central Java, Indonesia
- Director ASIA Research Station Operations - Bangkok, Thailand
- Spécialiste Technique et commercial Biocontrôle pour l’Ouest de la France
Top 5 - yesterday
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
Yamato and JD.com team up to build cold chain logistics in ChinaChinese e-commerce giant JD.com, has announced the signing of a strategic memorandum of understanding with Yamato Holdings, a Japanese logistics company, to build a cold-chain logistics network in China for the delivery of chilled and frozen goods.
In addition, the two companies will cooperate to develop technologies for unmanned warehouses, autonomous driving, artificial intelligence and big data technologies, according to a company announcement.
"We have seen a dramatic increase of consumer demand in China for Japanese products across every retail category because Chinese shoppers admire their outstanding reputation and quality," said Richard Liu, JD.com’s chairman and CEO. "This strengthened partnership with Yamato Group will give JD’s consumers even greater access to the highest quality Japanese and global brands."
"By expanding our cooperation into areas like cold chain logistics, and leveraging Yamato's reach into international markets beyond Japan, we are making it even easier for our international brand partners to sell to China and tap into JD's base of 236.5 million active customers," Liu added.
Publication date: 7/14/2017
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: