Job offersmore »
- Experienced International Buyer/Seller Germany
- Project and Sales Manager - Russia/Caucasian Region
- Quality Coordinator EU in Supply Chain Management Dep.
- Regional Sales Director - United States
- Territory Sales Position - US
- International Tomato Grower - Worldwide
- Grower Manager - US
- Application Scientist Salesperson - US
- Technical & Operations Manager - Australia
- Eco Brewing & Growing Technician - UK
Top 5 - yesterday
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
Bountiful strawberry harvest expected in CanadaQuebec strawberries and maple syrup were big winners after this year’s mild winter and cool, rainy spring; as were bees — at least in most regions.
Grasslands, strawberries, blueberry fields and orchards fared well over the mild winter in all regions of Quebec and the maple harvest was excellent, according to a report issued by the Financière agricole du Québec on Wednesday.
Bees had a high survival rate over the winter, except in some regions. High percentage losses were reported in the Centre-du-Québec, Estrie, Montérégie, and Saguenay—Lac-Saint-Jean regions.
Despite high winter survival rates, most regions reported their first harvests were a few days to more than a week later than usual.
Read more at the Montreal Gazette
Publication date: 7/14/2017
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: