Job offersmore »
- Import Assistant and Operations Assistant - Netherlands
- Farms Director UK - South East
- Agronomist to work abroad
- Export salesperson GERMANY - Barcelona, Spain
- Account Manager Zachtfruit Scandinavië en Duitsland - Netherlands
- International Editor
- Experienced tomato grower - Angola
- Sales Area Managers - Czech Republic, Eastern Europe, Portugal
- Chief Operations Officer - Deerfield (MA) USA
- LED strategic account manager - Netherlands
Top 5 - yesterday
- No news was published yesterday.
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
Bountiful strawberry harvest expected in CanadaQuebec strawberries and maple syrup were big winners after this year’s mild winter and cool, rainy spring; as were bees — at least in most regions.
Grasslands, strawberries, blueberry fields and orchards fared well over the mild winter in all regions of Quebec and the maple harvest was excellent, according to a report issued by the Financière agricole du Québec on Wednesday.
Bees had a high survival rate over the winter, except in some regions. High percentage losses were reported in the Centre-du-Québec, Estrie, Montérégie, and Saguenay—Lac-Saint-Jean regions.
Despite high winter survival rates, most regions reported their first harvests were a few days to more than a week later than usual.
Read more at the Montreal Gazette
Publication date: 7/14/2017
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: