Job offersmore »
- Service Engineer - US & Canada
- Inside Sales Coordinator - USA
- Sales Engineer, Water - The Netherlands
- Crop care supervisor - Australia
- Nursery Systems Manager - Australia
- GENERAL / FARM MANAGER - India
- Grower / Ag scientist - Australia
- Technical/ Product Representative, Russia
- Technical/ Product Representative, India
- Retail Chain Manager - Russia
Top 5 - yesterday
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
Bountiful strawberry harvest expected in CanadaQuebec strawberries and maple syrup were big winners after this year’s mild winter and cool, rainy spring; as were bees — at least in most regions.
Grasslands, strawberries, blueberry fields and orchards fared well over the mild winter in all regions of Quebec and the maple harvest was excellent, according to a report issued by the Financière agricole du Québec on Wednesday.
Bees had a high survival rate over the winter, except in some regions. High percentage losses were reported in the Centre-du-Québec, Estrie, Montérégie, and Saguenay—Lac-Saint-Jean regions.
Despite high winter survival rates, most regions reported their first harvests were a few days to more than a week later than usual.
Read more at the Montreal Gazette
Publication date: 7/14/2017
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: