Job offersmore »
- Commercial Head Grower - Newark, NJ (USA)
- IPM & Pollination Specialist (ornamentals) - Western Europe
- Regional Sales Manager - USA
- General Manager Operations - Australia
- International Account manager Horticulture LED Solutions - Netherlands
- Plant Specialist Horticulture Northern Europe
- Agronomist consultant - Europe/USA
- International Sales Manager - -Europe/USA
- Sales person
- Director of International Sales and Marketing - USA, Miami (FL)
Top 5 - yesterday
- "We are building a global brand, it's not just about selling apples"
- Accu-Label customizes labeling solutions and introduces new tray labeler
- “An auction is a good way to sell large volumes in a short time”
- "Strong growth experienced in the Dutch and import season"
- “Water shortage Western Cape will have negative impact on availability of grapes”
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
Tummers describes recent developments in their line of machineryTummers believes R&D is the backbone of the company and are continuously working on improving their machinery, the process, service or other aspects to apply to the demands of the market.
“Some of their more substantial developments which had a large impact include the ZicaZac, Switcher, Autotrax or washer/destoner, but mostly this contains subtle improvements on already existing processes or machinery.
These are the most recent developments in the range of machinery of Tummers:
- The Tummers washing line has recently gone through a redesign which allowed smaller and more fragile speciality products to be processed extra gentle with high volumes without bruising or damaging the products.
- The washer/destoner underwent some changes to easily process a variety of products, like potatoes, carrots, celeriac and chive, without having to change the machine.
- They have tested their ZicZac brusher with a new kind of brushes for over a year. After they were certain these brushes improved the process and treatment, Tummers had them standardized. The balance between removing skin and keeping product is improved even more.
- The mobile washing unit is newly developed while it’s now using less power, is self-cleaning, more mobile and doesn’t need any additional water. Due to the axis free screw carrier, built-in water tank and sand/dirt discharge.
- UV-treatment on the Roller dryer. This is used for disinfection or de-activating the bacteria on the potatoes. Bacterial DNA bonds will be broken and can’t reproduce so the colonies die.
- A new high capacity continuous sorter with overlapping beds, which can manage up to 60 tons of potatoes per hour. The advantages of this kind of sorting is that it’s sorted on Square mesh size, providing a much better calibration then common single dimension sorters.
- And the latest development is a redesign of the ZicZac brusher. The new design is focused on hygiene and capacity. This machine, specially developed due to the demand on the ever growing French fry market, is capable of peeling 60 tons of potatoes per hour and has a more efficient, easy to clean and maintain design.
Publication date: 7/19/2017
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: