Job offersmore »
- Experienced International Buyer/Seller Germany
- Project and Sales Manager - Russia/Caucasian Region
- Quality Coordinator EU in Supply Chain Management Dep.
- Regional Sales Director - United States
- Territory Sales Position - US
- International Tomato Grower - Worldwide
- Grower Manager - US
- Application Scientist Salesperson - US
- Technical & Operations Manager - Australia
- Eco Brewing & Growing Technician - UK
Top 5 - yesterday
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
Austria: Damages of 15 Million Euros
Tornado leaves trail of destruction for AgricultureYesterday's heat led to heavy storms and a tornado, with disastrous consequences for agriculture South of Vienna and in the adjoining Lower Austria. On an agricultural area of around 10,000 hectares, field, fruit, wine and vegetable-crops as well as glass houses were damaged by hailstones as big as 5.5cm. The 23rd district of Vienna was especially affected, as well as the districts of Gänserndorf, Bruck an der Leitha, Mödling and Sankt Pölten/Land. "Climate change has a major effect on agriculture. The overall damages due to the storm to date is around 15 million Euros," says chairman of the Austrian Hail-Insurance, Dr. Kurt Weinberger.
Hail damage on glass house Mannswörth, image: hagel.at
Pumpkins Wittau, Lower Austria, image: hagel.at
Rapid assistance is the top priority. Experts began their enquiries on the same evening and affected farmers can report any damage at www.hagel.at.
source: Austrian Hail Insurance
Publication date: 7/13/2017
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: