Job offersmore »
- Associate Director Global Procurement - Berlin, Germany
- FRUIT Buyer / Procurement / Purchase Manager 採購/買手 - Hong Kong
- Plant Specialist Horticulture Nordics - Finland
- International Account Manager City Farming - Netherlands
- CEO - Prague
- Plant Specialist - Melbourne, Australia
- General Manager European Region - Bologna, Italy
- Einkaufsverantwortlicher / Kundenbetreuer - Die Schweiz
- Continuous Improvement Specialist - Berkel en Rodenrijs, Nederland
- Innovation Leader - Johnston (Iowa), USA
Top 5 - yesterday
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
Brazilian orange juice industry struggles as exports drop to 25 year lowBrazil's orange juice exports amounted to 890,000 tons from July 2016 to June 2017, dropping 17 percent from the previous year and reaching their lowest level in 25 years, the Brazilian Association of Citrus Exporters said here on Monday.
The exports drop was directly affected by the decrease of orange juice production, which reached 18.6 percent last year. The exports of frozen and concentrated orange juice decreased by 7 percent to 1.621 billion U.S. dollars, also a record low for the past 25 years.
However, it is estimated by the Brazilian Association of Citrus Exporters that orange production for 2017-2018 in the states of Sao Paulo and Minas Gerais will grow by 50 percent year on year.
Brazil is the world's top orange juice exporting country, and the European Union (EU) is its largest exporting destination.
Publication date: 7/12/2017
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: