Job offersmore »
- Associate Director Global Procurement - Berlin, Germany
- FRUIT Buyer / Procurement / Purchase Manager 採購/買手 - Hong Kong
- Plant Specialist Horticulture Nordics - Finland
- International Account Manager City Farming - Netherlands
- CEO - Prague
- Plant Specialist - Melbourne, Australia
- General Manager European Region - Bologna, Italy
- Einkaufsverantwortlicher / Kundenbetreuer - Die Schweiz
- Continuous Improvement Specialist - Berkel en Rodenrijs, Nederland
- Innovation Leader - Johnston (Iowa), USA
Top 5 - yesterday
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
McDonald's Japan releases mango smoothies for summerTo help people beat the heat in Japan this summer McDonald’s have released new mango smoothies for a limited time. The two smoothies on offer contain some unusual ingredients including apricot kernel and alphonso mangoes.
The Creamy Annin Mango Smoothie contains annin (Apricot Kernel Tofu), which is a popular jelly-like dessert enjoyed in Japan throughout the year, especially during summer, and while there’s a lot of confusion online about whether annin is made from hazelnut extract or apricot kernels - in Japan the consensus is that the dessert should be made from crushed apricot kernels.
Joining the apricot kernel-mango-apple-cream fusion drink is the Torotto Purin Mango Smoothie (Syrupy Pudding Mango Smoothie). This one looks set to be the drink of choice for mango lovers, with alphonso mango, one of the most superior varieties of the fruit, being the star ingredient in both the smoothie itself and the pudding base, which contains fresh mango pieces. A blend of mango and apple is used in the whipped cream topping also, making this a truly decadent mango smoothie.
Both drinks will be available in a medium size for 490 yen (US$4.30) and a large size for 530 yen, at McCafé by Barista outlets around the country from 12 July until 10 September.
Publication date: 7/11/2017
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: