Job offersmore »
- (junior) Agronomist China
- Department Chair and Professor of Human Ecology - Davis (CA) USA
- Factory Manager Assistant - Huizhou, China
- Internal Salesperson - Netherlands
- Crop Manager - Northern France
- Farm General Manager - Egypt
- Grower (cucumbers) - Australia
- Projectleider Export - Maasdijk, Nederland
- Sales representative - Eastern PA, DE, MD, VA & WV, USA
- Sales representative - Michigan, USA
Top 5 - yesterday
- Lidl formula is becoming more and more like the local corner shops
- Fruit fly infested fruit found in supermarket
- Increased packing line efficiency for Washington apple grower
- US: Next generation of pre-packaged snacks adds fresh fruit and vegetables
- Italian kiwifruit growers visit New Zealand orchards
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
McDonald's Japan releases mango smoothies for summerTo help people beat the heat in Japan this summer McDonald’s have released new mango smoothies for a limited time. The two smoothies on offer contain some unusual ingredients including apricot kernel and alphonso mangoes.
The Creamy Annin Mango Smoothie contains annin (Apricot Kernel Tofu), which is a popular jelly-like dessert enjoyed in Japan throughout the year, especially during summer, and while there’s a lot of confusion online about whether annin is made from hazelnut extract or apricot kernels - in Japan the consensus is that the dessert should be made from crushed apricot kernels.
Joining the apricot kernel-mango-apple-cream fusion drink is the Torotto Purin Mango Smoothie (Syrupy Pudding Mango Smoothie). This one looks set to be the drink of choice for mango lovers, with alphonso mango, one of the most superior varieties of the fruit, being the star ingredient in both the smoothie itself and the pudding base, which contains fresh mango pieces. A blend of mango and apple is used in the whipped cream topping also, making this a truly decadent mango smoothie.
Both drinks will be available in a medium size for 490 yen (US$4.30) and a large size for 530 yen, at McCafé by Barista outlets around the country from 12 July until 10 September.
Publication date: 7/11/2017
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: