Job offersmore »
- Hydroponic Crop Manager - Tahiti
- Manager Operational Excellence - El Salvador
- Area Manager North Europe - The Netherlands
- Senior Veredelaar Bloemen
- Consultant - Head of Sales or Greenhouse Owner
- Consultant - Head Grower of Greenhouse
- IPM Manager - Mona (Utah) USA
- Labor Manager - Mona (Utah) USA
- Assistant Farm Manager - Australia
- New Product Development Assistant Manager
Top 5 - yesterday
- No news was published yesterday.
Top 5 - last week
- Kenya overtakes South Africa to become Africa's biggest exporter of avocados
- Italy: 150 million euros confiscated from fruit and veg Mafiosi
- California labor shortage drives container growing for berries
- “Drop in Turkish lira is making us a lot more money”
- “We recognize the different specifications our customers are looking for”
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
Ishida helps Irish carrot producer increase productionAn Ishida multi-head weigher at premium Irish vegetable grower Leo Dunne has aided the company in expanding its operation into the supply of processed carrots.
Leo Dunne has been delivering fresh Irish products to the retail sector for generations but only recently had the company recognised that oversized or irregular carrots, that were not suitable for the prepared carrot market, were nevertheless still high quality products which could be successfully marketed through further processing and sought a solution, which led them to Ishida.
"The Ishida 10-head waterproof mid range model with 3 litre hoppers is delivering excellent accuracy and reliability, achieving around 55 packs per minute on 500g bags of carrots with an overall accuracy rate of 98%," Leo Dunne representatives said in a press release.
Leo Dunne stated that it specified the Ishida weigher for the new line, based on the company’s established reputation in the market place.
“We knew Ishida had a great name in the industry and had received positive reports from other users,” explains Leo Dunne manager, Emmet Dunne, “and we have not been disappointed with our choice."
“The machine’s ease of operation means our staff all like it. It is also far more intuitive than other weighers, so that if there are any minor issues during production, the machine will identify these and inform operators how to fix them. This is vital to maintaining production.”
And while the machine’s reliability is an obvious benefit, so too, says Mr Dunne, are the high levels of after-sales service provided by Ishida and its agent SF Engineering.
“Knowing we have someone on the spot who can deal with any issues we have is absolutely critical to ensuring we can meet the requirements and deadlines of our retail customers,” he confirms.
The Ishida 10-head multihead is part of a complete line devised and installed by SF Engineering, which also includes a swingloader, bespoke sorting table, elevating conveyor and support platform, and a Ceia metal detector.
Leo Dunne anticipates that the new facility will pay for itself within three years. And while the system was designed to handle carrots, it can also be used for other products, giving the company flexibility and the ability to react to market trends and developments.
For more information:
Theo de Koning
Ishida Europe BV
Tel +31 4993 93675
Publication date: 7/17/2017
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: