Job offersmore »
- Associate Director Global Procurement - Berlin, Germany
- FRUIT Buyer / Procurement / Purchase Manager 採購/買手 - Hong Kong
- Plant Specialist Horticulture Nordics - Finland
- International Account Manager City Farming - Netherlands
- CEO - Prague
- Plant Specialist - Melbourne, Australia
- General Manager European Region - Bologna, Italy
- Einkaufsverantwortlicher / Kundenbetreuer - Die Schweiz
- Continuous Improvement Specialist - Berkel en Rodenrijs, Nederland
- Innovation Leader - Johnston (Iowa), USA
Top 5 - yesterday
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
Lawsuit claims veggie straws contain no veggies at allThe makers of Garden Veggie Straws have been hit with a lawsuit from two customers who say the brand’s packaging and advertising made them believe that Veggie Straws contained vegetables, which the plaintiffs say is not true. According to the New York Post, two men have filed a potential class-action lawsuit against Hain Celestial Group, which produces the Garden Veggie Straws.
The packages feature photographs of spinach leaves, tomatoes, and potatoes. The plaintiffs say the Veggie straws “do not contain any of the actual vibrantly depicted vegetables. They assert that the company is misleading people who are trying to seek out healthful foods and snacks. The Veggie Straws ingredient list includes potato flour, potato starch, corn starch, tomato paste, and spinach powder.
“Although the marketing and labeling of the Garden Veggie Straws depicts whole tomatoes, spinach leaves and potatoes, and separately claims those vegetables are ‘garden grown’ and ‘ripe,’ there are no garden grown or ripe vegetables in the Garden Veggie Straws,” the lawsuit says.
Publication date: 7/10/2017
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: