Job offersmore »
- Key Accountmanager Horticulture Glass
- Product & Applicatie Specialist Opkweek
- Assistant Grower - Canada
- Experienced International Buyer/Seller Germany
- Project and Sales Manager - Russia/Caucasian Region
- Quality Coordinator EU in Supply Chain Management Dep.
- Regional Sales Director - United States
- Territory Sales Position - US
- International Tomato Grower - Worldwide
- Grower Manager - US
Top 5 - yesterday
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
Guadaloupe banana workers end strike and return to work after agreementBanana workers from 20 plantations in the French Caribbean island of Guadeloupe went back to work this week after a six-week long strike over a range of issues covering their system of payment and occupational health & safety issues.
The strike, which started on 18th May and gained the support of the majority of the workforce, has concluded with an agreement with the islands’ producers’ association. It is hoped that this agreement lays the foundation for improved relations in an industry where there is no collective agreement regulating pay and working conditions.
The agreement establishes the framework for negotiating working conditions, notably on the issue of the enforcement of law around monthly wage payments, CGT Guadeloupe union’s General Secretary Jean-Marie Nomertin told the press.
Publication date: 7/7/2017
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: