Job offersmore »
- Inside Sales Coordinator - USA
- Sales Engineer, Water - The Netherlands
- Crop care supervisor - Australia
- Nursery Systems Manager - Australia
- GENERAL / FARM MANAGER - India
- Grower / Ag scientist - Australia
- Technical/ Product Representative, Russia
- Technical/ Product Representative, India
- Retail Chain Manager - Russia
- Business Advisor - China
Top 5 - yesterday
- No news was published yesterday.
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
Guadaloupe banana workers end strike and return to work after agreementBanana workers from 20 plantations in the French Caribbean island of Guadeloupe went back to work this week after a six-week long strike over a range of issues covering their system of payment and occupational health & safety issues.
The strike, which started on 18th May and gained the support of the majority of the workforce, has concluded with an agreement with the islandsí producersí association. It is hoped that this agreement lays the foundation for improved relations in an industry where there is no collective agreement regulating pay and working conditions.
The agreement establishes the framework for negotiating working conditions, notably on the issue of the enforcement of law around monthly wage payments, CGT Guadeloupe unionís General Secretary Jean-Marie Nomertin told the press.
Publication date: 7/7/2017
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: