Job offersmore »
- Account-Manager - Wickede/Ruhr, Germany
- Grower for pot plant production - Tönisvorst - Germany
- Assistant Grower & Growers - Ohio, USA
- Fruit & vegetables Export-Import manager - Avignon or Perpignan, France
- Area Manager North Europe - Netherlands
- Area Sales Manager Oost Europa - Netherlands
- Benelux Sales Manager - Grow lights, Holland
- Productie Manager - Ethiopia
- Head of Sales Europe
- Engineer support in agricultural sciences - Switzerland
Top 5 - yesterday
- Second season for Idaho's only commercial blueberry grower
- Greenyard under fire after listeria contamination
- AU: New fully recyclable packaging set to take fresh produce industry by storm
- Enormous turnout makes for highly successful Organic Produce Summit
- “Europe is literally waiting for every lemon”
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
Willem van Rooij, Hispalco:
"Stone fruit market oversupplied, we can only define ourselves with platerinas"
There is an oversupply of Spanish stone fruit at the moment, with supply from Llerida, Huesca and Murcia. "We saw it coming and therefore sold more in the early season, but are now slowing down a little. We are focusing on the top segment in the market with our brand Monna Lisa, but this quality selection has to be paid for," concludes Willem van Rooij of the Spanish company Hispalco.
"At the moment the supply of nectarines, paraguayos and peaches is so large there is little to be made. Platerinas are the exception. They aren't offered everywhere, so we can define ourselves on the market with them," says Willem. "The round peaches are sold reasonabyl on the domestic Spanish market, but are largely pushed out by the paraguayos on the export markets."
Hispalco focuses on the export to European customers, but also sells to selected overseas customers in Canada, the United States, Saudi Arabia and China. "When we have to push to sell Monna Lisa we prefer to switch to products with which we can make reasonable prices. This is more difficult with melons, but we also sell Spanish and Italian grapes and Dutch peppers under this top brand," says Willem.
Hispalco also carries French peaches and nectarines in their own brand Joconde. "We are defining in this and get better prices for the quality and flavour!"
Publication date: 7/11/2017
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: