Job offersmore »
- Hydroponic Crop Manager - Tahiti
- Manager Operational Excellence - El Salvador
- Area Manager North Europe - The Netherlands
- Senior Veredelaar Bloemen
- Consultant - Head of Sales or Greenhouse Owner
- Consultant - Head Grower of Greenhouse
- IPM Manager - Mona (Utah) USA
- Labor Manager - Mona (Utah) USA
- Assistant Farm Manager - Australia
- New Product Development Assistant Manager
Top 5 - yesterday
- No news was published yesterday.
Top 5 - last week
- Kenya overtakes South Africa to become Africa's biggest exporter of avocados
- Italy: 150 million euros confiscated from fruit and veg Mafiosi
- “Drop in Turkish lira is making us a lot more money”
- “We recognize the different specifications our customers are looking for”
- California labor shortage drives container growing for berries
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
California raspberry production still going strong
“Raspberry production out of Watsonville, CA is still strong,” says Jim Grabowski with Well Pict. “Typically, it tapers off around the last week of July before it comes back with a second crop around the first week of August.” Between late July and early August, volume tends to be a bit smaller, but once the second crop starts early August, production will continue strongly through the end of October.
“The second crop of raspberries is also grown in Watsonville,” Grabowski explains and together with the first crop, it covers the entire season.
“The market for raspberries is really good right now,” shared Grabowski. Demand is high, which falls with the whole berry category that has seen demand exploding in recent years. Growers have responded by increasing raspberry acreage, enabling acceptable consumer prices. “We see the raspberry category being heavily promoted during summer time,” mentioned Grabowski. Kids also play a significant role in (rasp)berry consumption. “Schools are out and they join their parents to the grocery store and want to try berries.”
Well Pict’s raspberries are available in 6 oz., 12 oz. and 18 oz. clamshells. The larger packaging is primarily sold at club stores.
Please come by booth #706 at the Organic Produce Summit to check out Well Pict’s organic berry collection.
For more information:
Tel: (+1) 708-227-1222
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: