Job offersmore »
- Account Manager, Southern, Protected Cropping - Melbourne, Australia
- Coördinator Biologische Gewasbescherming - Berkel en Rodenrijs, Nederland
- Head Grower, Retractable Roof Shadehouse - Wedgecarrup, Australia
- National Nursery Manager - Melbourne, Australia
- Lighting Applications Specialist (Horticulture) - Beamsville, Ontario, Canada
- Gärtner für den konventionellen Gemüsebau - Austria
- Expert vegetable farm manager/master grower seeking for his next position
- Horticulture Advisor - The Hague, the Netherlands
- Growing Manager - Victoria, Australia
- Service Engineer - Almeria, Spain
Top 5 - yesterday
- AU: Some WA Strawberry growers forecast average production despite TPP
- Germany: Substantial price increases for Spanish imported vegetables
- "Hopefully 2018 will be a better year for avocados than 2017"
- Opening of apple season in Eastern Free State, South Africa
- Ukraine: Blueberry demand still growing faster than supplies
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
Spain: Over 40 years manufacturing boxes for horticultural sector
The fruit and vegetable business has relied on other sectors, which have had to grow at the same time in order to adapt and meet the needs of producers and marketers. As a result, companies such as Envases Girona have been in the business for more than 40 years, offering both standard sized boxes as well as more customised packaging, depending on the customers' requests. "We can print them, and then the customer will give them a more personal touch, depending on the needs of the company, brand, etc. We even have boxes with a gloss finish," explains José Girona, from Envases Girona.
At present, they are able produce an average of 3 million boxes per month, reaching 25 million per year. Spain is its main destination, and "being that it is such a large country and with agriculture in practically all regions, we have four distribution points: Badajoz (where the boxes are manufactured), Huelva, Seville and Lleida," explains Girona.
The main feature of these boxes is that they are made of poplar or pine plywood, and of MDF. "All the wood we use comes from sustainable forests," affirms Girona.
For more information:
Tel.: +34 610529511
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: