Job offersmore »
- Inside Sales Coordinator - USA
- Sales Engineer, Water - The Netherlands
- Crop care supervisor - Australia
- Nursery Systems Manager - Australia
- GENERAL / FARM MANAGER - India
- Grower / Ag scientist - Australia
- Technical/ Product Representative, Russia
- Technical/ Product Representative, India
- Retail Chain Manager - Russia
- Business Advisor - China
Top 5 - yesterday
- No news was published yesterday.
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
Spanish greenhouse cultivation growing quickly
The surface of irrigated agriculture in Spain has slowly increased since 2006 and at the end of 2016 the total surface was 3,655,417 ha.
The irrigated greenhouse cultivation, and the cultivation of crops such as olive and almond trees, grew most last year.
According to the questionnaire on surface and cultivation results in 2016 (Encuesta sobre Superficies y Rendimientos de Cultivos – Esyrce) that was handed out on June 26 by the Ministry of Agriculture and Fishery, Food and Environment (Mapama), there is an increase in irrigated surface of 1.39% compared to 2014 (3,605,121 ha).
There were also changes in the use of various irrigation methods.
The four autonomous regions with the largest irrigated surface are Andalusia (1,078,506 ha - 29.50% of the total irrigated area), Castilla-La Mancha (518,293 ha - 14.18%), Castilla y León (429,874 ha, 11.76%) and Aragón (403,338 ha, 11.03%).
Source: www.efeagro.com / Agroberichten Buitenland
Publication date: 7/3/2017
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: