Job offersmore »
- Farm Manager - Vietnam
- Senior Grower – Tomatoes, Australia
- Plant Specialist City Farming - Netherlands
- General Manager, HandPicked Vegetables - US
- Agricultural Research Manager - Italy
- Grower / Consultant Asia
- Professional greenhouse grower - United States
- General Manager - China
- Agronomist - Armenia
- Grower Manager UK – Climate & Nutrition
Top 5 - yesterday
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
- AU table-grape, apple and cherry exports drop by up to 34%
- Chile exhibited its fruit export offer in London
- TOMRA launches new food sorter user interface to improve work flow
- Maersk Line papaya shipment opens India to new markets
- Matthew Brigotti joins Idaho Potato Commission as Foodservice Promotion Director
Exchange ratesmore »
In 2016: Production of processed O&G worth almost 2 billion eurosIn 2016, 61 manufacturing enterprises in North Rhine-Westphalia produced fruit and vegetable products valued at 1.99 billion. As Information und Technik [Information and Technology] North Rhine-Westphalia (the official statistics center of the federal state) reported, the sales values rose by 10.1 percent compared to the previous year. More than two-thirds (71.2 percent) of the fruit and vegetable products produced in North Rhine-Westphalia came from the districts of Dusseldorf and Cologne.
With a production value of 648 million euro (+1.0 percent compared to 2015), most fruit and vegetable products produced in North Rhine-Westphalia in 2016 were processed fruits and nuts, followed by the production of fruit and vegetable juices (non-fermented and non-alcoholic) at EUR 627 million (+27 percent). The sales of potatoes and potato products amounted to 197 million euros (+2.8 percent).
The value of fruit and vegetable products produced nationwide amounted to EUR 7.3 billion (+6.3%) in 2016; 27.4 percent of the fruit and vegetables came from North Rhine-Westphalia (NRW).
From January to March 2017, fruit and vegetable products worth 464 million euros (+11 percent compared to January - March 2016) were produced in companies in North Rhine-Westphalia.
As reported by the statisticians, the above results refer to holdings of companies with generally 20 or more employees.
Publication date: 6/29/2017
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: