Job offersmore »
- (junior) Agronomist China
- Department Chair and Professor of Human Ecology - Davis (CA) USA
- Factory Manager Assistant - Huizhou, China
- Internal Salesperson - Netherlands
- Crop Manager - Northern France
- Farm General Manager - Egypt
- Grower (cucumbers) - Australia
- Projectleider Export - Maasdijk, Nederland
- Sales representative - Eastern PA, DE, MD, VA & WV, USA
- Sales representative - Michigan, USA
Top 5 - yesterday
- Lidl formula is becoming more and more like the local corner shops
- Fruit fly infested fruit found in supermarket
- Increased packing line efficiency for Washington apple grower
- US: Next generation of pre-packaged snacks adds fresh fruit and vegetables
- Italian kiwifruit growers visit New Zealand orchards
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
In 2016: Production of processed O&G worth almost 2 billion eurosIn 2016, 61 manufacturing enterprises in North Rhine-Westphalia produced fruit and vegetable products valued at 1.99 billion. As Information und Technik [Information and Technology] North Rhine-Westphalia (the official statistics center of the federal state) reported, the sales values rose by 10.1 percent compared to the previous year. More than two-thirds (71.2 percent) of the fruit and vegetable products produced in North Rhine-Westphalia came from the districts of Dusseldorf and Cologne.
With a production value of 648 million euro (+1.0 percent compared to 2015), most fruit and vegetable products produced in North Rhine-Westphalia in 2016 were processed fruits and nuts, followed by the production of fruit and vegetable juices (non-fermented and non-alcoholic) at EUR 627 million (+27 percent). The sales of potatoes and potato products amounted to 197 million euros (+2.8 percent).
The value of fruit and vegetable products produced nationwide amounted to EUR 7.3 billion (+6.3%) in 2016; 27.4 percent of the fruit and vegetables came from North Rhine-Westphalia (NRW).
From January to March 2017, fruit and vegetable products worth 464 million euros (+11 percent compared to January - March 2016) were produced in companies in North Rhine-Westphalia.
As reported by the statisticians, the above results refer to holdings of companies with generally 20 or more employees.
Publication date: 6/29/2017
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: