Job offersmore »
- Import Assistant and Operations Assistant - Netherlands
- Farms Director UK - South East
- Agronomist to work abroad
- Export salesperson GERMANY - Barcelona, Spain
- Account Manager Zachtfruit Scandinavië en Duitsland - Netherlands
- International Editor
- Experienced tomato grower - Angola
- Sales Area Managers - Czech Republic, Eastern Europe, Portugal
- Chief Operations Officer - Deerfield (MA) USA
- LED strategic account manager - Netherlands
Top 5 - yesterday
- No news was published yesterday.
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
Sunset to pick first Michigan-grown English cucumbersSUNSET® is continuing to grow its successful local program, this time with an additional 12 acres in Michigan for the 2017 season, all in time for summer.
“Since opening our Coldwater greenhouse facility in 2012, we’ve been filling a growing customer need for fresh, local produce all year long,” shared CEO Paul Mastronardi. “This added acreage helps us continue to fill that need with even more commodities.”
English cucumbers are the latest addition to SUNSET’s local line up as the company has been producing flavorful Michigan-grown tomatoes since 2012, award-winning WOW™ berries since 2013, and sweet bell peppers since 2015.
With the strategic location of SUNSET® greenhouses, the company is able to harvest, pack, and ship all in one day. The location also reduces food miles, and of course, promotes produce grown close to home. SUNSET® Michigan grown cucumbers will now bear the Pure Michigan logo to further support the local program.
“The ability to grow fresh produce in the Midwest any time of year is something we’re very proud of,” continued Mastronardi. “We’re dedicated to getting locally grown produce into the hands of more and more consumers, and this partnership, in addition to our added acreage, contributes greatly to that initiative.”
Contact a SUNSET® sales representative to order Michigan grown produce today.
For more information: www.sunsetgrown.com
Publication date: 6/27/2017
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: