Job offersmore »
- IPM & Pollination Specialist (ornamentals) - Western Europe
- Regional Sales Manager - USA
- General Manager Operations - Australia
- International Account manager Horticulture LED Solutions - Netherlands
- Plant Specialist Horticulture Northern Europe
- Agronomist consultant - Europe/USA
- International Sales Manager - -Europe/USA
- Sales person
- Director of International Sales and Marketing - USA, Miami (FL)
- Greenhouse Operations Lead - Alberta, Canada
Top 5 - yesterday
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
Poland: "Belarus has become our main market"
Polish apples seem to have found their place at international level. "Since 2 March, we have been receiving more and more orders for apples, gradually reaching between 5 and 6 trucks per week," states Monika Cłapa, manager at Perfect Fruits sp.zo.o. Until recently, Poland had felt as a strong competitor in Europe with its Royal Gala, but had struggled with other varieties that, in many cases, ended up being used for processing. "We still have a lot to improve and much to learn in terms of harvesting and storage; we cannot treat apples like potatoes," affirms Capa.
At the moment, Idared Polish apples are shipped weekly to Belarus; a country where they seem to be becoming more popular. "We are happy to be able to sell them in a market where they are appreciated," clarifies Capa. "The price at origin stands at 0.55 Euro per kilo for the first class, and at 0.40 Euro per kilo for the second class," comments the representative of Perfect Fruits. However, these prices can increase by 40 and 70% respectively when the products reach the consumer.
For more information:
Perfect Fruits sp.zo.o
Tel.: +48 608 172 880
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: