Job offersmore »
- Managing Grower - Australia
- Senior Grower - Talbotville, Ontario, Canada
- Operations Manager - Fresh Produce
- Senior Account Manager Retail - Netherlands
- Supply Allocation and Inventory Manager - Fresh Produce, Italy
- Senior Grower - Katunga, Australia
- Key Account Manager - Netherlands
- Accountmanager aardappelinkoop BelgiŽ / Frankrijk
- International Retail Manager - Netherlands
- Quality Assurance Team EA Region -Antwerp- Quality Supervisor, Belgium
Top 5 - yesterday
- No news was published yesterday.
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
- OVERVIEW GLOBAL AVOCADO MARKET
- Costa Rica: Government accused of ignoring organic pineapple issue
- Organic food consumption continues to increase in Europe
- California grape grower-shipper publishes first Corporate Social Responsibly Report
- Spain: About 20,000 tonnes of stone fruit damaged by frost in Murcia
Exchange ratesmore »
Poland: "Belarus has become our main market"
Polish apples seem to have found their place at international level. "Since 2 March, we have been receiving more and more orders for apples, gradually reaching between 5 and 6 trucks per week," states Monika Cłapa, manager at Perfect Fruits sp.zo.o. Until recently, Poland had felt as a strong competitor in Europe with its Royal Gala, but had struggled with other varieties that, in many cases, ended up being used for processing. "We still have a lot to improve and much to learn in terms of harvesting and storage; we cannot treat apples like potatoes," affirms Capa.
At the moment, Idared Polish apples are shipped weekly to Belarus; a country where they seem to be becoming more popular. "We are happy to be able to sell them in a market where they are appreciated," clarifies Capa. "The price at origin stands at 0.55 Euro per kilo for the first class, and at 0.40 Euro per kilo for the second class," comments the representative of Perfect Fruits. However, these prices can increase by 40 and 70% respectively when the products reach the consumer.
For more information:
Perfect Fruits sp.zo.o
Tel.: +48 608 172 880
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: