Job offersmore »
- IPM & Pollination Specialist (ornamentals) - Western Europe
- Regional Sales Manager - USA
- General Manager Operations - Australia
- International Account manager Horticulture LED Solutions - Netherlands
- Plant Specialist Horticulture Northern Europe
- Agronomist consultant - Europe/USA
- International Sales Manager - -Europe/USA
- Sales person
- Director of International Sales and Marketing - USA, Miami (FL)
- Greenhouse Operations Lead - Alberta, Canada
Top 5 - yesterday
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
China renews imports of 14 GMO crops and adds two new varietiesChina, the world's top buyer of genetically modified (GMO) soybeans, renewed the import approvals for 14 GMO crop varieties and approved the import of two new varieties starting on June 12, the Ministry of Agriculture said on Wednesday.
The new varieties are Dow AgroSciences' Enlist corn and Monsanto's Vistive Gold soybean, the Ministry of Agriculture said in a statement. The 14 renewed products include Syngenta's MIR162 Duracade corn, a Monsanto sugar beet and three Bayer rapeseed products.
The approvals are for a three-year period lasting until 2020, the statement said.
China does not permit the planting of GMO varieties of staple food crops but does allow the import of GMO crops, such as soybeans, for use in its huge animal feed industry.
Imported biotech products take six years to gain approval in China compared with three years in other major markets.
Publication date: 6/19/2017
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: