Job offersmore »
- Outside Technical Sales Position, Horticulture - Canada
- Area Manager Russia
- Machine Operator Buitendienst
- Grower (cucumbers) - Australia
- Business Development Manager - The Netherlands
- Greenhouse Construction Workers - U.S.
- (Senior) Werkvoorbereider/Engineer Kas Plus - Netherlands
- International Account Manager - Netherlands
- Business Advisor - China
- Account Manager for Technical Horticultural Greenhouse Products - Canada
Top 5 - yesterday
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
- Panama: President signs contract law between the State and Del Monte
- Hort Connections: 'Smart Packaging' is the way of the future
- Levarht launches China-produced tomatoes in retailers across the country
- Volm Companies and Wyma Solutions announce North American strategic partnership
- Italy: Natura Iblea's Paniere Bio initiative
Exchange ratesmore »
Japan's imports from Davao, Philippines reach $37m led by bananas & pineapplesJapan was Davao Region's second export destination in the first quarter of 2017 with a value of $59.54 million. Top export products sent to Japan from the region during the first quarter were bananas ($41.83 million) and pineapples ($7.19 million).
Exports made to China amounted to $37.30 million with bananas ($20.85 million), pineapples ($6.68 million), and natural rubber ($125,505) as the top export commodities.
Rounding up the five major export markets of the Davao Region is Korea at $29.75 million with bananas ($20.04 million), coconut crude oil ($113,148), and pineapples ($3.95 million) as the top commodities exported to the East Asian country.
The Netherlands was Davao Region's top export destination in the first quarter of 2017 with a value of $73.37 million. However, data from Philippine Statistics Authority (PSA) in Davao showed that the region's number one export commodity to the Netherlands in the first quarter of this year were from the coconut (copra) crude oil at $69.10 million, which was an increase from the $6.46 million in same period last year.
Publication date: 6/19/2017
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: