Job offersmore »
- IPM & Pollination Specialist (ornamentals) - Western Europe
- Regional Sales Manager - USA
- General Manager Operations - Australia
- International Account manager Horticulture LED Solutions - Netherlands
- Plant Specialist Horticulture Northern Europe
- Agronomist consultant - Europe/USA
- International Sales Manager - -Europe/USA
- Sales person
- Director of International Sales and Marketing - USA, Miami (FL)
- Greenhouse Operations Lead - Alberta, Canada
Top 5 - yesterday
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
Moroccan king orders air shipment of food to Qatar
King Mohammed VI of Morocco has ordered an aircraft loaded with food to be sent to the State of Qatar.
According to a statement by the Moroccan Ministry of Foreign Affairs and International Cooperation, this decision is in line with "the teachings of the Islamic religion, especially during the month of Ramadan, and which calls for solidarity among Islamic peoples."
The statement said that this decision has nothing to do with the political aspects of the crisis between Qatar and other countries.
Last week, Morocco announced its readiness to play the role of mediator between the Gulf countries to overcome the crisis, and called on the GCC countries to be more prudent.
Qatar has been importing 80 percent of its food through Saudi Arabia and the United Arab Emirates, so the impact of severing relations with these two countries is huge.
For its part, Tehran has sent four cargo planes loaded with food to Qatar and plans to supply the country with 100 tonnes of fruits and vegetables per day.
Publication date: 6/19/2017
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: