Job offersmore »
- Purchasing Specialist Exoten - Netherlands
- Intercompany Key Account Manager Exoten - Netherlands
- Buitendienst Medewerker - Oost Nederland
- Managing Grower - Australia
- Senior Grower - Talbotville, Ontario, Canada
- Operations Manager - Fresh Produce
- Senior Account Manager Retail - Netherlands
- Supply Allocation and Inventory Manager - Fresh Produce, Italy
- Senior Grower - Katunga, Australia
- Key Account Manager - Netherlands
Top 5 - yesterday
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
- OVERVIEW GLOBAL AVOCADO MARKET
- Costa Rica: Government accused of ignoring organic pineapple issue
- Organic food consumption continues to increase in Europe
- California grape grower-shipper publishes first Corporate Social Responsibly Report
- Spain: About 20,000 tonnes of stone fruit damaged by frost in Murcia
Exchange ratesmore »
Moroccan king orders air shipment of food to Qatar
King Mohammed VI of Morocco has ordered an aircraft loaded with food to be sent to the State of Qatar.
According to a statement by the Moroccan Ministry of Foreign Affairs and International Cooperation, this decision is in line with "the teachings of the Islamic religion, especially during the month of Ramadan, and which calls for solidarity among Islamic peoples."
The statement said that this decision has nothing to do with the political aspects of the crisis between Qatar and other countries.
Last week, Morocco announced its readiness to play the role of mediator between the Gulf countries to overcome the crisis, and called on the GCC countries to be more prudent.
Qatar has been importing 80 percent of its food through Saudi Arabia and the United Arab Emirates, so the impact of severing relations with these two countries is huge.
For its part, Tehran has sent four cargo planes loaded with food to Qatar and plans to supply the country with 100 tonnes of fruits and vegetables per day.
Publication date: 6/19/2017
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: