Job offersmore »
- Area Manager Russia
- Machine Operator Buitendienst
- Grower (cucumbers) - Australia
- Business Development Manager - The Netherlands
- Greenhouse Construction Workers - U.S.
- (Senior) Werkvoorbereider/Engineer Kas Plus - Netherlands
- International Account Manager - Netherlands
- Business Advisor - China
- Account Manager for Technical Horticultural Greenhouse Products - Canada
- Floriculture Sales and Marketing Professional
Top 5 - yesterday
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
Northern Territory now free of banana freckleThe Northern Territory is now banana freckle-free despite 300 identified properties that need to be continually tested. The announcement ended a four-year ban that played havoc with the livelihoods of those in the $5 million agricultural industry.
Primary Industry Minister Ken Vowles said in the next couple of weeks the department would be lifting all bans on growing bananas.
“Currently we have six restricted zones. Once we go through the parliamentary process and we gazette it, people will be able to buy bananas from nursery and move them across the Territory,” he said.
“Banana growers can celebrate and people who want them in their back yard can have them.”
Rum Jungle Organics’ Alan Petersen and Julie Murphy said the lifting of the ban could not come quickly enough.
“Bananas were, before the freckle, the main commodity we sold,” Mr Peterson said.
Publication date: 6/19/2017
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: