Job offersmore »
- Managing Grower - Australia
- Senior Grower - Talbotville, Ontario, Canada
- Operations Manager - Fresh Produce
- Senior Account Manager Retail - Netherlands
- Supply Allocation and Inventory Manager - Fresh Produce, Italy
- Senior Grower - Katunga, Australia
- Key Account Manager - Netherlands
- Accountmanager aardappelinkoop België / Frankrijk
- International Retail Manager - Netherlands
- Quality Assurance Team EA Region -Antwerp- Quality Supervisor, Belgium
Top 5 - yesterday
- No news was published yesterday.
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
- OVERVIEW GLOBAL AVOCADO MARKET
- Costa Rica: Government accused of ignoring organic pineapple issue
- Organic food consumption continues to increase in Europe
- California grape grower-shipper publishes first Corporate Social Responsibly Report
- Spain: About 20,000 tonnes of stone fruit damaged by frost in Murcia
Exchange ratesmore »
"Next year we want to export 40 containers of organic bananas per week""We made a conscious decision for organic bananas, because we want to serve humanity with healthier, environmentally friendly food that is free of pesticides. Besides, we are distinctive because of the fact that we are a company with only five producers. In total, we have an area of 1,700 hectares of bananas", says Luis Samuel Nunez of export company Northline from the Dominican Republic.
Luis during Macfrut 2017.
He indicates the company is still young. "We started in 2016. Because we have only a few producers, we can optimally monitor quality. Sustainability is also guaranteed, because we export a few full containers from the cultivation companies. Because of this, we can ripen the products evenly."
In 2016, Northline exported 12 containers. "We currently do seven containers per week. For the coming year, our aim is to export 40 containers per week. We’re also investing in renovations on our farms and in farming-oriented advice and management. We’re looking forward to introducing more and more European and American consumers to our organic bananas."
For more information:
Luis Samuel Nunez
C/Roman de Pena #24
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: