Job offersmore »
- Import Assistant and Operations Assistant - Netherlands
- Farms Director UK - South East
- Agronomist to work abroad
- Export salesperson GERMANY - Barcelona, Spain
- Account Manager Zachtfruit Scandinavië en Duitsland - Netherlands
- International Editor
- Experienced tomato grower - Angola
- Sales Area Managers - Czech Republic, Eastern Europe, Portugal
- Chief Operations Officer - Deerfield (MA) USA
- LED strategic account manager - Netherlands
Top 5 - yesterday
- No news was published yesterday.
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
"Next year we want to export 40 containers of organic bananas per week""We made a conscious decision for organic bananas, because we want to serve humanity with healthier, environmentally friendly food that is free of pesticides. Besides, we are distinctive because of the fact that we are a company with only five producers. In total, we have an area of 1,700 hectares of bananas", says Luis Samuel Nunez of export company Northline from the Dominican Republic.
Luis during Macfrut 2017.
He indicates the company is still young. "We started in 2016. Because we have only a few producers, we can optimally monitor quality. Sustainability is also guaranteed, because we export a few full containers from the cultivation companies. Because of this, we can ripen the products evenly."
In 2016, Northline exported 12 containers. "We currently do seven containers per week. For the coming year, our aim is to export 40 containers per week. We’re also investing in renovations on our farms and in farming-oriented advice and management. We’re looking forward to introducing more and more European and American consumers to our organic bananas."
For more information:
Luis Samuel Nunez
C/Roman de Pena #24
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: