Job offersmore »
- Purchasing Specialist Exoten - Netherlands
- Intercompany Key Account Manager Exoten - Netherlands
- Buitendienst Medewerker - Oost Nederland
- Managing Grower - Australia
- Senior Grower - Talbotville, Ontario, Canada
- Operations Manager - Fresh Produce
- Senior Account Manager Retail - Netherlands
- Supply Allocation and Inventory Manager - Fresh Produce, Italy
- Senior Grower - Katunga, Australia
- Key Account Manager - Netherlands
Top 5 - yesterday
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
- OVERVIEW GLOBAL AVOCADO MARKET
- Costa Rica: Government accused of ignoring organic pineapple issue
- Organic food consumption continues to increase in Europe
- California grape grower-shipper publishes first Corporate Social Responsibly Report
- Spain: About 20,000 tonnes of stone fruit damaged by frost in Murcia
Exchange ratesmore »
Delivery to Russia
New potato production line by Kronen
The new Kronen processing line, which has been recently installed at the retail chain, Lenta, in St. Petersburg, processes up to 600 kilograms per hour.
Lenta is one of the biggest retail chains in Russia and the second largest hyper-market chain in the country. Lenta operates 195 hyper-markets in 78 cities, all over Russia, and 53 supermarkets in Moscow, St. Petersburg, Nowosibirsk and the central region.
For the introduction of a new product portfolio of cleaned, pre-cut and vacuum packaged vegetables such as carrots, red beets, as well as potatoes in different shapes and packaging sizes - Lenta was looking for an ideal option to prepare these products cheaply and automated. With this background in mind, Lenta contacted the Russian Kronen Representative Industrial Nutrition (www.ipita.ru). They connected them with Kronen and presented them with the task of developing a way to process these products more efficiently. The planning and implementation of the project led to a process optimization, which enables Lenta to produce the ideal quality with minimal waste and maximum flexibility.
Left: Daria Lutskaya, CEO of Industrial Nutrition;Right: Robert Reisig, Export Area Manager of Kronen (Russia) Photo: Kathrin Benz (Kronen GmbH)
The different elements of the potato processing line are:
- Storage conveyer to fill the line with potatoes or other vegetables
- Potato peeling machine PL 40K to remove the skin and starch
- Sorting conveyer to sort out and for additional cleaning, if necessary
- A KUJ V cubing machine - for exact cubes, strips and sticks
- a GS 10-2 ribbon cutter, for cutting clean, uniform slices
Both cutters offer the big advantage that they are movable and can therefore flexibly be used at different stations of the processing line.
This new potato production line was additionally integrated in a pre-existing Kronen washing and drying line, which was supplied to Lenta last year. This production line consists of a GEWA 3800 V ECO washing machine and two salad drainers K50-7 ECO in combination with a useful and practical basket-carousel.
For more information:
D-77694 Kehl am Rhein
Tel. +49 (0) 78 54 - 96 46 - 0
Fax +49 (0) 78 54 - 96 46 500
Publication date: 6/19/2017
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: