Job offersmore »
- Junior Productie Manager - Kenia
- Quality Assurance Quality Control - Canada
- Senior growers/agronomists - China
- Account Manager Foodservice en Groothandel DACH - Netherlands
- Business Development Manager - California
- Head of Sales North America - Sacramento (CA) USA
- Import Assistant and Operations Assistant - Netherlands
- Farms Director UK - South East
- Agronomist to work abroad
- Export salesperson GERMANY - Barcelona, Spain
Top 5 - yesterday
- Grape grower-shipper opens new warehouse in Nogales, AZ
- One of New Zealand’s newest apple varieties starts Dazzling the world
- Spain: Report accuses major veg producer of severe environmental damage
- AU: New technology delivering biodegradable produce labels
- Canada: Big data means big returns for farmers British Columbia
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
Delivery to Russia
New potato production line by Kronen
The new Kronen processing line, which has been recently installed at the retail chain, Lenta, in St. Petersburg, processes up to 600 kilograms per hour.
Lenta is one of the biggest retail chains in Russia and the second largest hyper-market chain in the country. Lenta operates 195 hyper-markets in 78 cities, all over Russia, and 53 supermarkets in Moscow, St. Petersburg, Nowosibirsk and the central region.
For the introduction of a new product portfolio of cleaned, pre-cut and vacuum packaged vegetables such as carrots, red beets, as well as potatoes in different shapes and packaging sizes - Lenta was looking for an ideal option to prepare these products cheaply and automated. With this background in mind, Lenta contacted the Russian Kronen Representative Industrial Nutrition (www.ipita.ru). They connected them with Kronen and presented them with the task of developing a way to process these products more efficiently. The planning and implementation of the project led to a process optimization, which enables Lenta to produce the ideal quality with minimal waste and maximum flexibility.
Left: Daria Lutskaya, CEO of Industrial Nutrition;Right: Robert Reisig, Export Area Manager of Kronen (Russia) Photo: Kathrin Benz (Kronen GmbH)
The different elements of the potato processing line are:
- Storage conveyer to fill the line with potatoes or other vegetables
- Potato peeling machine PL 40K to remove the skin and starch
- Sorting conveyer to sort out and for additional cleaning, if necessary
- A KUJ V cubing machine - for exact cubes, strips and sticks
- a GS 10-2 ribbon cutter, for cutting clean, uniform slices
Both cutters offer the big advantage that they are movable and can therefore flexibly be used at different stations of the processing line.
This new potato production line was additionally integrated in a pre-existing Kronen washing and drying line, which was supplied to Lenta last year. This production line consists of a GEWA 3800 V ECO washing machine and two salad drainers K50-7 ECO in combination with a useful and practical basket-carousel.
For more information:
D-77694 Kehl am Rhein
Tel. +49 (0) 78 54 - 96 46 - 0
Fax +49 (0) 78 54 - 96 46 500
Publication date: 6/19/2017
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: