Job offersmore »
- Managing Grower - Australia
- Senior Grower - Talbotville, Ontario, Canada
- Operations Manager - Fresh Produce
- Senior Account Manager Retail - Netherlands
- Supply Allocation and Inventory Manager - Fresh Produce, Italy
- Senior Grower - Katunga, Australia
- Key Account Manager - Netherlands
- Accountmanager aardappelinkoop BelgiŽ / Frankrijk
- International Retail Manager - Netherlands
- Quality Assurance Team EA Region -Antwerp- Quality Supervisor, Belgium
Top 5 - yesterday
- No news was published yesterday.
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
- OVERVIEW GLOBAL AVOCADO MARKET
- Costa Rica: Government accused of ignoring organic pineapple issue
- Organic food consumption continues to increase in Europe
- California grape grower-shipper publishes first Corporate Social Responsibly Report
- Spain: About 20,000 tonnes of stone fruit damaged by frost in Murcia
Exchange ratesmore »
China: Production season Yunnan red grapes starts two weeks early
"This year, the production season of Yunnan red grapes has started two weeks early at the beginning of June. It will end in the middle of August. Compared to previous production seasons, the volume of red grapes will be 40-50% lower this season. This is mainly because the grapes have been influenced by changes in temperature during the sprouting period. This means that there will be less fruits," according to miss Judy, CEO of Xiamen Rainbow Fruits Co Ltd.
"Overall, the taste and color of red grapes will be better than last year. Looking at the domestic demand and high product quality, the rise in production costs and the decrease in production, it is estimated that, at the beginning of the season, the price will be approximately 20% higher than last year. After entering the fruit picking period on 20 June, the market demand will rise. The price will then drop, but it will not get as low as last year. The situation on the export market is looking more and more optimistic."
An employee at an export production site
A fresh bunch of red grapes
"After picking our excellent red grapes from production sites in Yunnan and Xinjiang, we will export them through the port of Shenzhen, under brands such as 'POP', 'SGV', and 'SM', to countries in South-East Asia and the Far East. In the past few years, the export price of red grapes has shown a rising trend. The export volume is also growing gradually. This is mainly because of our stable product quality on the international market, our suitable price and the fact that our produce enters the market earlier. At the moment, we remain optimistic about the next export period, as we are well prepared."
Packaged red grapes, waiting to be exported
Large, brightly colored red grapes
Company: Xiamen Rainbow Fruits Co., Ltd.
Contact person: Mr. Rong Lin
Phone: +86 592 5745767/5622290/5622291
Publication date: 6/19/2017
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: