Job offersmore »
- International Retail Manager - Netherlands
- Quality Assurance Team EA Region -Antwerp- Quality Supervisor, Belgium
- Manager Trucking Company - Azerbaijan
- Junior Productie Manager - Kenia
- (junior) Agronomist China
- Department Chair and Professor of Human Ecology - Davis (CA) USA
- Factory Manager Assistant - Huizhou, China
- Internal Salesperson - Netherlands
- Crop Manager - Northern France
- Farm General Manager - Egypt
Top 5 - yesterday
- No news was published yesterday.
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
Japanese snack maker Calbee resumes sales of three potato chip varietiesJapanese snack food maker Calbee said Thursday it will resume sales of three brands of potato chips it suspended in April because of a potato shortage. The brands set to resume Monday include its popular Pizza Potato chips and two other brands.
The interruption was caused by a series of typhoons that hit Hokkaido last August, ruining the harvest. About 80 percent of the domestic potato supply comes from Hokkaido. The situation has been alleviated by the start of potato harvesting in other regions last month.
The shortage sparked a buying frenzy in Japan as people stockpiled bags of their favorite chip varieties. Other snack food makers were forced to partially suspend potato chip production as well.
Calbee said it received more than 1,000 requests to restart sales of certain brands over a period of two months.
Publication date: 6/16/2017
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: