Job offersmore »
- Technical Sales Representative Trainee - Ancaster, Ontario
- International Account Manager City Farming - Horticulture LED Solutions
- CEO for a leading Agri-Business working on an international basis
- Greenhouse Operations Lead - Alberta, Canada
- Commercial Head Grower - Newark, NJ (USA)
- IPM & Pollination Specialist (ornamentals) - Western Europe
- Regional Sales Manager - USA
- General Manager Operations - Australia
- International Account manager Horticulture LED Solutions - Netherlands
- Plant Specialist Horticulture Northern Europe
Top 5 - yesterday
- No news was published yesterday.
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
Japanese snack maker Calbee resumes sales of three potato chip varietiesJapanese snack food maker Calbee said Thursday it will resume sales of three brands of potato chips it suspended in April because of a potato shortage. The brands set to resume Monday include its popular Pizza Potato chips and two other brands.
The interruption was caused by a series of typhoons that hit Hokkaido last August, ruining the harvest. About 80 percent of the domestic potato supply comes from Hokkaido. The situation has been alleviated by the start of potato harvesting in other regions last month.
The shortage sparked a buying frenzy in Japan as people stockpiled bags of their favorite chip varieties. Other snack food makers were forced to partially suspend potato chip production as well.
Calbee said it received more than 1,000 requests to restart sales of certain brands over a period of two months.
Publication date: 6/16/2017
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: