Job offersmore »
- Technical Sales Representative Trainee - Ancaster, Ontario
- International Account Manager City Farming - Horticulture LED Solutions
- CEO for a leading Agri-Business working on an international basis
- Greenhouse Operations Lead - Alberta, Canada
- Commercial Head Grower - Newark, NJ (USA)
- IPM & Pollination Specialist (ornamentals) - Western Europe
- Regional Sales Manager - USA
- General Manager Operations - Australia
- International Account manager Horticulture LED Solutions - Netherlands
- Plant Specialist Horticulture Northern Europe
Top 5 - yesterday
- No news was published yesterday.
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
New supply of Senegalese organic mangos at OTC
One of the focus areas of OTC-Holland, distributor of organic fruit and vegetables, is to develop a supply of new products from new areas. By developing new projects and connecting new suppliers to OTC, the company hopes to respond better to market needs.
OTC's first container of organic Kent mango from Senegal is expected this week. It is the first time that OTC has offered organic mangos from Senegal. To accomplish that OTC works closely together with an organic growers cooperative in the southern Casamance region, embedded between Gambia and Guinea-Bissau.
The cooperative has 500 members, of which 70 are organic growers. What makes this cooperative so special is that all members are active throughout the entire production chain: from cultivation to harvesting and from sorting to packaging. The mangos carry the label "Ecocert Responsible", which oversees the ethical, social and environmental procedures of the company. Besides that, the cooperative has its own organic certified packing station.
The cooperative is specialized in the cultivation of organic Kent mangos; a mango with stringless, juicy and very sweet flesh. For the next 6 weeks the mangos are available at OTC. After this period, OTC will continue with the supply of organic mangos from the north of Senegal until the Spanish season begins.
For more information:
Ms. Laura Rozendal
Tel: +31 (0)320 - 289 683
Publication date: 6/15/2017
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: