Job offersmore »
- Outside Technical Sales Position, Horticulture - Canada
- Area Manager Russia
- Machine Operator Buitendienst
- Grower (cucumbers) - Australia
- Business Development Manager - The Netherlands
- Greenhouse Construction Workers - U.S.
- (Senior) Werkvoorbereider/Engineer Kas Plus - Netherlands
- International Account Manager - Netherlands
- Business Advisor - China
- Account Manager for Technical Horticultural Greenhouse Products - Canada
Top 5 - yesterday
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
- Panama: President signs contract law between the State and Del Monte
- Hort Connections: 'Smart Packaging' is the way of the future
- Levarht launches China-produced tomatoes in retailers across the country
- Volm Companies and Wyma Solutions announce North American strategic partnership
- Italy: Natura Iblea's Paniere Bio initiative
Exchange ratesmore »
Pakistan's mango farmers meeting EU standardsThe standards introduced by the European Union (EU) countries are being achieved successfully by mango farmers and exporters in Pakistan by virtue of government’s support that not only increased demand of Pakistani mango but also resulted in enhanced export earnings.
Agriculture Department spokesman said in a statement on Wednesday that fruit fly affects the quality of fruit, however, Punjab government had initiated a project to tackle fruit fly problem through non-traditional techniques. He said that huge funds had been allocated for training and advocacy of farmers to apprise them of techniques to kill fruit fly.
He said that Punjab government had also initiated mango production contest 2017-18 under which high yielding farmers would get prizes of agriculture machinery at district and provincial level. Pakistan was the sixth largest mango producer in the world and the exotic fruit grown here was liked by foreign consumers for its unique taste and aroma.
The spokesman said that agriculture department was conveying modern technology to farmers on how to tackle problems from sowing to harvest and post harvest stages to achieve enhanced production of better quality fruit and vegetables.
Publication date: 6/16/2017
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: