Job offersmore »
- Senior Inkoper - Maasdijk, Nederland
- Product Manager Biostimulants - Westmaas, the Netherlands
- Corporate Grower - Camarillo (CA), USA
- General Manager China - Kunming, China
- Buyer greenhouse crops - Almeria, Spain
- Trucking Fleet Manager - Azerbaijan
- Fresh Produce Traders Required for a Leading Dutch/UK Fresh Produce Business
- Key Accountmanager Horticulture Glass
- Product & Applicatie Specialist Opkweek
- Assistant Grower - Canada
Top 5 - yesterday
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
- Amazon: Steeper price cuts at Whole Foods Market
- South Australia agricultural exports have increased due to new airlines
- Spain is the number one exporter of fresh fruit and vegetables globally
- AU: Strong cherry production helps drive Tasmania's agri-food growth
- Turkish tomato exports shot up 46% in October
Exchange ratesmore »
Top Onions offers onions that won't make you cry
"Onions will stand out more with this packaging"
"In onions it's a challenge to continue to define yourself in the market. This is why it's an absolute necessity to continue to invest in innovation. As of recently we therefore offer a new variety in packaging. An added advantage is that the advertising opportunities have been expanded," says Rob Smit of Top Shallots.
The new packaging opportunity on the lest
Sweet = pink
We will use the new packaging for sweet onions, red onions and yellow onions. Due to the new advertising opportunities it is also possible to define the products clearly for the consumers in the supermarket. We package our sweet onions with a pink label to emphasise the sweet flavour of this special onions. The new packaging was first presented during the London Produce Show and will soon be on the shelves at various supermarkets."
Rick Hitzerd and Rob Smit during the London Produce Show.
The sweet onion is originally from South America and has a higher sugar level and lower sulphur level than the regular onions. "This is also an onion that can be bitten into and it won't make you cry when it's being cut. This onion is popular in salads. Compared to the red onion it's a lot less spicy and has a less sharp after taste." At Top Onions the sweet onions are available all year round and are imported from Peru and Spain.
For more information:
T: +31 (0)113 315 080
M: +31 (0) 6 512 074 69
F: +31 (0)113 315 060
Publication date: 6/15/2017
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: