Job offersmore »
- Plant Specialist - Melbourne, Australia
- General Manager European Region - Bologna, Italy
- Einkaufsverantwortlicher / Kundenbetreuer - Die Schweiz
- Continuous Improvement Specialist - Berkel en Rodenrijs, Nederland
- Innovation Leader - Johnston (Iowa), USA
- VP of Sales - Montreal, Canada
- IPM Consultant - Adelaide Plains, Australia
- National Nursery Manager - Australia
- Substrate Grower - Launceston CBD, Tasmania
- Product manager for growing media - Finland or Estonia
Top 5 - yesterday
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
- Man enters chilli-eating contest. The chilli won.
- EC approves Bayer’s proposed acquisition of Monsanto
- Machinery company opens new Californian customer service facility
- China: The future of retail, premium brands and increased domestic production
- AU: Sustainability and expansion milestones for Manbulloo
Exchange ratesmore »
Mexico: Coconut water has many benefits
In Mexico, the sale of coconut water increased sixfold in the last three years, from 1.7 million liters in 2013 to almost 11 million liters at the end of 2016, benefiting different brands, such as Calahua, A de Coco, Coco Dream, and Nosso Coco, which have taken advantage of the demand for the product.
The benefit is so broad that it has positively impacted the Swedish bottler and processor Tetra Pak, as several of its clients produce derivatives and coconut water.
The Swedish company estimated that by the end of 2017 Mexico will consume 12.4 million liters of coconut water, i.e. 13% more than last year.
According to experts, this increase in consumption is due to the great quantity of beneficial qualities that the coconut water has, as it provides potassium, it's a great rehydration drink, has low calories, and helps regulate blood pressure.
"We have seen a very significant increase in the production volume of coconut derivatives in the last five or six years, as the US has shown an upward trend in its consumption, and Mexico followed this trend," stated Jorge Beirut, Tetra Pak's marketing director. The value of Mexico's coconut water market grew by 172%, from 11.1 million pesos in 2013 to 30.2 million pesos at the end of 2016, according to Euromonitor International.
Publication date: 6/15/2017
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: