Job offersmore »
- Plant Specialist - Melbourne, Australia
- General Manager European Region - Bologna, Italy
- Einkaufsverantwortlicher / Kundenbetreuer - Die Schweiz
- Continuous Improvement Specialist - Berkel en Rodenrijs, Nederland
- Innovation Leader - Johnston (Iowa), USA
- VP of Sales - Montreal, Canada
- IPM Consultant - Adelaide Plains, Australia
- National Nursery Manager - Australia
- Substrate Grower - Launceston CBD, Tasmania
- Product manager for growing media - Finland or Estonia
Top 5 - yesterday
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
China: The biggest tomato plantation in Asia is being built in Beijing
Beijing Hongfu International Agriculture Ltd. has invested around 1.5 billion yuan in a large tomato plantation with a total area of 850,000 acres. After completion, it'll become the largest in Asia. A 50,000 square metre greenhouse, which was planted with tomatoes only 70 days ago is already producing a crop.
Technicians checking the beehive in the intelligent greenhouse and observing the pollination with the help of advanced controlling systems
According to the technicians from Hongfu there are seven systems in the greenhouse: a computer controlled system, a water and fertilizer unification system, a CO2 recycling system, an automated roof cleaning system, a double-layer sun protection shutter control system, an automated fogging and cooling system and an air circulation system. There are also multiple sensors installed all over the greenhouse connected to the computer terminal at the control room.
This smart greenhouse system was imported from the Netherlands. Hongfu has also reached an agreement with Levarht, a well-known produce purchaser with an 84 year history, to sell its products in Eastern Europe, Hong Kong, Singapore and its honey tomatoes in Australia. In the meantime, Hongfu will develop the domestic market via a membership policy and introduce its organic products to consumers by various promotional activities including seminars and free testing.
Source: WeChat Smart Algriculture Industry Alliance
Publication date: 6/14/2017
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: