Job offersmore »
- Outside Technical Sales Position, Horticulture - Canada
- Area Manager Russia
- Machine Operator Buitendienst
- Grower (cucumbers) - Australia
- Business Development Manager - The Netherlands
- Greenhouse Construction Workers - U.S.
- (Senior) Werkvoorbereider/Engineer Kas Plus - Netherlands
- International Account Manager - Netherlands
- Business Advisor - China
- Account Manager for Technical Horticultural Greenhouse Products - Canada
Top 5 - yesterday
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
- Panama: President signs contract law between the State and Del Monte
- Hort Connections: 'Smart Packaging' is the way of the future
- Levarht launches China-produced tomatoes in retailers across the country
- Volm Companies and Wyma Solutions announce North American strategic partnership
- Italy: Natura Iblea's Paniere Bio initiative
Exchange ratesmore »
Greenyard Logistics prepares for opening of new facility and hires new VP
In preparation of the new logistics and cold storage facility opening, Greenyard Logistics USA has announced the hiring of Steve Marinello as Vice President of the company’s northeast US operations.
Marinello joined the company in May 2017 during the final phase of construction of the new 152,200-square-foot, state-of-the-art packing and cold storage facility. John Garrett, the company’s general manager, will continue to handle the day-to-day operations while Marinello will focus on business development.
“My team and I are excited about the opportunity the facility will provide to offer value to our customers,” says Marinello.
Located in the Logan Township region of Swedesboro, Greenyard Logistics is strategically positioned within close proximity of the northeastern ports, a major receiving point for imported fresh produce in the US. The facility opening officially marks the first building and expansion in the US, of Belgium-based parent company Greenyard. Greenyard Logistics and Seald Sweet currently represent the company’s US-based business units within the Greenyard group.
“We are excited to have Steve on our team and look forward to the success and opportunities he brings to our company through his vast experience in the industry,” says Mayda Sotomayor, president of Greenyard Logistics USA, Inc. “We look forward to the growth ahead with the long-awaited opening of the new facility.”
The new facility quadruples the square footage, capacity and overall production capability of the current operations, while significantly adding to the company’s services such as value-added packing, consolidation, controlled atmosphere storage and service providing opportunities. Future growth is also anticipated with potential for additional development in the facility plans.
Greenyard Logistics officially opens in mid-June 2017 with bagging and distribution of Seald Sweet’s summer citrus programs expected to be the first product to be received and distributed through the facility. Grand Opening ceremonies are scheduled in September 2017.
For more information:
Publication date: 6/14/2017
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: