Job offersmore »
- Department Chair and Professor of Human Ecology - Davis (CA) USA
- Factory Manager Assistant - Huizhou, China
- Internal Salesperson - Netherlands
- Crop Manager - Northern France
- Farm General Manager - Egypt
- Grower (cucumbers) - Australia
- Projectleider Export - Maasdijk, Nederland
- Sales representative - Eastern PA, DE, MD, VA & WV, USA
- Sales representative - Michigan, USA
- Assistant Grower - Delta (BC), Canada
Top 5 - yesterday
- No news was published yesterday.
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
China: Export price of ginger increases dramatically
"In May, the export price of ginger has risen by close to 30%. Many foreign customers cannot accept this high price because from May until August, it is low season for ginger exports. That is why the price in overseas markets will either remain stable or go down," according to Mr. Jason from Tai Lai Foods.
Employees are processing ginger
"Last October, the ginger export price was low. Many export companies kept their produce, and grew their stock. Now that the market has bounced back, big companies all have different responses. Some of them hope to get rid of their stock, and make a profit. However, the high price influences the sales volume."
Workers in ginger production
"On the other hand, domestic producers and speculators believe that the ginger price still has a lot of room to rise. That is why they're holding their produce back once again, and wait for a more suitable time to sell. From June until August is the slow season for exporting ginger. That is why the export price will either remain stable or go down. From today's drastically different situation, we cannot tell how the market will develop in the future. It will depend on the promotion from speculators and the supply and demand on the market."
JasonTai Lai Foods
Phone: +86 536 4888 118
Fax: +86 536 4888 778
Publication date: 6/13/2017
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: