Job offersmore »
- Hydroponic Crop Manager - Tahiti
- Manager Operational Excellence - El Salvador
- Area Manager North Europe - The Netherlands
- Senior Veredelaar Bloemen
- Consultant - Head of Sales or Greenhouse Owner
- Consultant - Head Grower of Greenhouse
- IPM Manager - Mona (Utah) USA
- Labor Manager - Mona (Utah) USA
- Assistant Farm Manager - Australia
- New Product Development Assistant Manager
Top 5 - yesterday
- No news was published yesterday.
Top 5 - last week
- Kenya overtakes South Africa to become Africa's biggest exporter of avocados
- Italy: 150 million euros confiscated from fruit and veg Mafiosi
- “Drop in Turkish lira is making us a lot more money”
- “We recognize the different specifications our customers are looking for”
- California labor shortage drives container growing for berries
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
China: Export price of ginger increases dramatically
"In May, the export price of ginger has risen by close to 30%. Many foreign customers cannot accept this high price because from May until August, it is low season for ginger exports. That is why the price in overseas markets will either remain stable or go down," according to Mr. Jason from Tai Lai Foods.
Employees are processing ginger
"Last October, the ginger export price was low. Many export companies kept their produce, and grew their stock. Now that the market has bounced back, big companies all have different responses. Some of them hope to get rid of their stock, and make a profit. However, the high price influences the sales volume."
Workers in ginger production
"On the other hand, domestic producers and speculators believe that the ginger price still has a lot of room to rise. That is why they're holding their produce back once again, and wait for a more suitable time to sell. From June until August is the slow season for exporting ginger. That is why the export price will either remain stable or go down. From today's drastically different situation, we cannot tell how the market will develop in the future. It will depend on the promotion from speculators and the supply and demand on the market."
JasonTai Lai Foods
Phone: +86 536 4888 118
Fax: +86 536 4888 778
Publication date: 6/13/2017
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: