Job offersmore »
- Technical Sales Representative Trainee - Ancaster, Ontario
- International Account Manager City Farming - Horticulture LED Solutions
- CEO for a leading Agri-Business working on an international basis
- Greenhouse Operations Lead - Alberta, Canada
- Commercial Head Grower - Newark, NJ (USA)
- IPM & Pollination Specialist (ornamentals) - Western Europe
- Regional Sales Manager - USA
- General Manager Operations - Australia
- International Account manager Horticulture LED Solutions - Netherlands
- Plant Specialist Horticulture Northern Europe
Top 5 - yesterday
Top 5 - last week
- "We are building a global brand, it's not just about selling apples"
- "Our Kissabel apples go beyond offering a new variety"
- “An auction is a good way to sell large volumes in a short time”
- Accu-Label customizes labeling solutions and introduces new tray labeler
- “Our Edipeel product keeps ripe avocados ripe for twice as long”
Top 5 - last month
- Dominican Republic evaluates damage after Hurricane Maria
- India: New packaging technologies for South America
- California company celebrates 10 years of attending PMA’s Fresh Summit
- "We hope the arrival of Spanish lemons will reactivate the market in Europe"
- Peru: French company is interested in dried organic produce
Exchange ratesmore »
Turkey: The price of Bursa peaches is higher than usual
There are several reasons why the price of products can change from year to year. In this case, "the winter cold has damaged the fields, greenhouses, etc. This affected the quality and everything in general was harvested later," said Semih Azizoğlu, from the ZBS Foreign Trade Company. In addition, "there have also been political circumstances that have not favored the commercialization of products from our country, which is our main business," Azizoğlu said.
At the moment, the price of the Bursa peach, the main variety of Turkey, in the international market is between 1.10 and 0.90 euro per kilo, FOB price. This value is higher than the 0.83 euro per kilo (FOB) last year. "There is a smaller quantity of high-quality product in the market this year, and that is clearly reflected in prices," said Azizoğlu. "Everyone can find quality products around the world, but the biggest commitment one can have with customers is to market it honestly and appropriately," ZBS Foreign Trade Company said.
Turkey produces an average of 400,000 tons of Bursa peaches, the most popular and abundant variety in the country. This variety is mainly produced in the area of Bursa, where it is known as a common peach. In other countries, it is denominated Bursa peach to differentiate it.
For more information:
ZBS Foreign Trade Company
Telf. +90505 696 61 71
Publication date: 6/13/2017
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: