Job offersmore »
- Account Manager European Countries
- Business Operations Manager - Guyra, Australia
- Export Commercial Assistant - Barcelona, Spain
- Farm Construction Manager - Phoenix (AZ) USA
- Lemon/Citrus Packing-house Manager - Phoenix (AZ) USA
- Account-Manager - Wickede/Ruhr, Germany
- Grower for pot plant production - Tönisvorst - Germany
- Assistant Grower & Growers - Ohio, USA
- Fruit & vegetables Export-Import manager - Avignon or Perpignan, France
- Area Manager North Europe - Netherlands
Top 5 - yesterday
- No news was published yesterday.
Top 5 - last week
- Second season for Idaho's only commercial blueberry grower
- AU: New fully recyclable packaging set to take fresh produce industry by storm
- Greenyard under fire after listeria contamination
- NY cherry growers could harvest sweet profits with tall greenhouses
- Greenyard estimates damage of recall at 30 million Euros
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
Turkey: The price of Bursa peaches is higher than usual
There are several reasons why the price of products can change from year to year. In this case, "the winter cold has damaged the fields, greenhouses, etc. This affected the quality and everything in general was harvested later," said Semih Azizoğlu, from the ZBS Foreign Trade Company. In addition, "there have also been political circumstances that have not favored the commercialization of products from our country, which is our main business," Azizoğlu said.
At the moment, the price of the Bursa peach, the main variety of Turkey, in the international market is between 1.10 and 0.90 euro per kilo, FOB price. This value is higher than the 0.83 euro per kilo (FOB) last year. "There is a smaller quantity of high-quality product in the market this year, and that is clearly reflected in prices," said Azizoğlu. "Everyone can find quality products around the world, but the biggest commitment one can have with customers is to market it honestly and appropriately," ZBS Foreign Trade Company said.
Turkey produces an average of 400,000 tons of Bursa peaches, the most popular and abundant variety in the country. This variety is mainly produced in the area of Bursa, where it is known as a common peach. In other countries, it is denominated Bursa peach to differentiate it.
For more information:
ZBS Foreign Trade Company
Telf. +90505 696 61 71
Publication date: 6/13/2017
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: