Job offersmore »
- Technical Sales Representative Trainee - Ancaster, Ontario
- International Account Manager City Farming - Horticulture LED Solutions
- CEO for a leading Agri-Business working on an international basis
- Greenhouse Operations Lead - Alberta, Canada
- Commercial Head Grower - Newark, NJ (USA)
- IPM & Pollination Specialist (ornamentals) - Western Europe
- Regional Sales Manager - USA
- General Manager Operations - Australia
- International Account manager Horticulture LED Solutions - Netherlands
- Plant Specialist Horticulture Northern Europe
Top 5 - yesterday
- No news was published yesterday.
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
China: Banana price have bounced
Around the time when The Dragon Boat Festival takes place the markets are full of cherries, melons, peaches, apricots, lychees and other fresh and juicy fruits. While city markets are flourishing, prices are gradually going down. However, attentive customers have noticed that the price of bananas went up and bananas cost as much as twice the price they did this time last year!
The reason for this rise in prices are this year's problems with banana supply. Banana farms have faced a cold wave, which affected the productivity, and therefore the price. One of the specialists is of the opinion that this situation might also have been caused by the falling of banana prices in the last few years which discouraged banana farmers from planting bananas.
Publication date: 6/9/2017
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: