- Lead Auditor
- Quality Assurance Team EA Region - Antwerp - Quality Assurance Supervisor
- General Manager Australia
- Einkaufskoordinator/in - Austria
- Chief plant protection agronomist
- Сhief agronomist
- Head of Sales for Mexico and Latin America
- Finance Manager for a Leading International Fresh Produce Business
- Sales Consultants Fertilizer - various European countries
- Product & Efficiency Manager - Role Based in Holland with regular trips to the UK
Top 5 -yesterday
Top 5 -last month
- Plans to rebuild Munich wholesale market hall picks up again
- Spain: Rains have caused more good than harm in Valencia
- Dominican Republic looks towards Russian tropical-fruit market
- Malaysia: Shift from oil palm to tropical fruit industry in Sabah
- "Only Dutch onions go to all corners of the earth year-round"
Top 5 -last week
High yields & stable prices for Romanian cucumbers
"Cucumber prices have been fluctuating a lot from day to day, but generally the farmers are satisfied at this moment. The prices were quite stable and the investments have almost been recovered until now. Prices have dropped in the last 3-4 days, but this had to do with it being the end of the first cycle of crops."
Unfortunately, the biggest problem,according to Petrache, is the lack of storage and sorting facilities. Not all cucumbers are sorted and he shared that some vegetables are not sorted at all. Also, we don't have any professional packaging materials and that negatively affected the regions export capacity.
“From Matca, cucumbers are loaded in trucks to Poland and to other European countries. Every day more than 100 tonnes are loaded from our local market. We also supply vegetables for the large supermarket chains in Romania like Lidl or Kaufland, along with Romanian processing facilities.” shared Petrache.
Along with cucumbers, the company produces large quantities of tomatoes, peppers, eggplants, cabbage, watermelons and potatoes. As of 6 June, cucumber prices in Romania were €0.10/kg, tomatoes €0.65/kg, yellow Pepper €0.83/kg, hot peppers €0.02 per piece, cabbage €0.15 /kg, melon €0.83 /kg and eggplants €0.76 /kg.
For more information:
Tel: +40 236 836 366
Fax: +40 236 836 088
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 10/16/2018 From knife and boots to the excitement of the greenhouse
- 10/16/2018 Consistent supply of West Coast spinach
- 10/16/2018 “Short and interesting sweet potato season from the US”
- 10/16/2018 Argentina: 80% of tomatoes from Formosa lost due to Paraguay's blockade
- 10/16/2018 Swiss lamb's lettuce season picks up speed
- 10/16/2018 ''Great development potential for novel lettuce variety Chicarita''
- 10/16/2018 China: Increase of 1-3 yuan for "people's vegetables" in Xiamen
- 10/16/2018 "Current Chinese garlic price slightly lower than same time last year"
- 10/16/2018 Artichoke grower launches fall promotion program
- 10/16/2018 Pumpkin production continues to roll strong
- 10/16/2018 Tomatoes NZ agroecology projects hoping to reduce the need for pest-reducing chemicals
- 10/15/2018 US: Demand for bell peppers on the rise
- 10/15/2018 “Watercress - a power food for all seasons”
- 10/15/2018 China: Peppers in abundance
- 10/15/2018 China: Red choy sum on the market one month early
- 10/15/2018 China: How will bumper harvest of leeks affect the price?
- 10/15/2018 Baja green bean supplies to be short after Hurricane Rosa
- 10/15/2018 Israeli cucumbers more expensive due to viruses
- 10/15/2018 US: Pueblo County farmers rush to pick green chilli peppers
- 10/12/2018 ''We hope German food retailers will soon start selling these nutritious legumes ''