Job offersmore »
- Account Manager European Countries
- Business Operations Manager - Guyra, Australia
- Export Commercial Assistant - Barcelona, Spain
- Farm Construction Manager - Phoenix (AZ) USA
- Lemon/Citrus Packing-house Manager - Phoenix (AZ) USA
- Account-Manager - Wickede/Ruhr, Germany
- Grower for pot plant production - Tönisvorst - Germany
- Assistant Grower & Growers - Ohio, USA
- Fruit & vegetables Export-Import manager - Avignon or Perpignan, France
- Area Manager North Europe - Netherlands
Top 5 - yesterday
- “Single pineapple box ready for introduction”
- "Packing under our own brand is about driving innovation, driving taste, adding value"
- Central Valley grape crop benefits from lack of extreme heat
- Multi-million dollar campaign and in-store displays drive Halos mandarin sales
- Plums and cherries: Delicious new hybrid from California
Top 5 - last week
- Second season for Idaho's only commercial blueberry grower
- Walmart plans to sell Japanese supermarket unit Seiyu
- Greenyard under fire after listeria contamination
- AU: New fully recyclable packaging set to take fresh produce industry by storm
- NY cherry growers could harvest sweet profits with tall greenhouses
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
These white strawberries sell for $10 a piece in JapanIn Japan, some types of fruit are considered a luxury item. The fruit is delivered in ornate packaging and offered to friends and loved ones as gifts. They are so highly prized that some are sold for the price of gold.
That's the case for strawberries in Japan, and especially white strawberries. While Japan is home to several varieties of berries, the "white jewel" is the rarest and most prized. Yasuhito Teshima is the only person growing them in the entire country.
The strawberries are such a delicacy, they are sometimes sold one-by-one in individual packaging for about 10 dollars a piece. Quite the expensive treat.
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: