Job offersmore »
- Associate Director Global Procurement - Berlin, Germany
- FRUIT Buyer / Procurement / Purchase Manager 採購/買手 - Hong Kong
- Plant Specialist Horticulture Nordics - Finland
- International Account Manager City Farming - Netherlands
- CEO - Prague
- Plant Specialist - Melbourne, Australia
- General Manager European Region - Bologna, Italy
- Einkaufsverantwortlicher / Kundenbetreuer - Die Schweiz
- Continuous Improvement Specialist - Berkel en Rodenrijs, Nederland
- Innovation Leader - Johnston (Iowa), USA
Top 5 - yesterday
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
These white strawberries sell for $10 a piece in JapanIn Japan, some types of fruit are considered a luxury item. The fruit is delivered in ornate packaging and offered to friends and loved ones as gifts. They are so highly prized that some are sold for the price of gold.
That's the case for strawberries in Japan, and especially white strawberries. While Japan is home to several varieties of berries, the "white jewel" is the rarest and most prized. Yasuhito Teshima is the only person growing them in the entire country.
The strawberries are such a delicacy, they are sometimes sold one-by-one in individual packaging for about 10 dollars a piece. Quite the expensive treat.
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: