Job offersmore »
- Associate Director Global Procurement - Berlin, Germany
- FRUIT Buyer / Procurement / Purchase Manager 採購/買手 - Hong Kong
- Plant Specialist Horticulture Nordics - Finland
- International Account Manager City Farming - Netherlands
- CEO - Prague
- Plant Specialist - Melbourne, Australia
- General Manager European Region - Bologna, Italy
- Einkaufsverantwortlicher / Kundenbetreuer - Die Schweiz
- Continuous Improvement Specialist - Berkel en Rodenrijs, Nederland
- Innovation Leader - Johnston (Iowa), USA
Top 5 - yesterday
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
Philippines banana industry grapples with numerous challengesRecognised as the second-ranked Philippine agriculture exports sector, the banana industry has largely been an underrated segment. Contributing $1.14 billion to the world banana trade in 2014, the local industry, particularly the fresh banana sector, is also the world’s fifth-largest exporter of bananas.
By classification, the industry is divided into three, namely: Cavendish, lacatan, and saba (cardaba). The Davao region attained the highest production with 3.85 million metric tons (MMT). The highest production of saba was attained by Davao in 2010 with 582,529 metric tons (MT).
Top major export destinations for fresh bananas include Japan, China and Korea. For chips and crackers, top export markets include Vietnam, China and the United States. The top destinations for local dried bananas are Vietnam, Japan and Saudi Arabia.
Publication date: 6/5/2017
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: