Job offersmore »
- Outside Technical Sales Position, Horticulture - Canada
- Area Manager Russia
- Machine Operator Buitendienst
- Grower (cucumbers) - Australia
- Business Development Manager - The Netherlands
- Greenhouse Construction Workers - U.S.
- (Senior) Werkvoorbereider/Engineer Kas Plus - Netherlands
- International Account Manager - Netherlands
- Business Advisor - China
- Account Manager for Technical Horticultural Greenhouse Products - Canada
Top 5 - yesterday
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
- Panama: President signs contract law between the State and Del Monte
- Hort Connections: 'Smart Packaging' is the way of the future
- Levarht launches China-produced tomatoes in retailers across the country
- Volm Companies and Wyma Solutions announce North American strategic partnership
- Italy: Natura Iblea's Paniere Bio initiative
Exchange ratesmore »
Philippines banana industry grapples with numerous challengesRecognised as the second-ranked Philippine agriculture exports sector, the banana industry has largely been an underrated segment. Contributing $1.14 billion to the world banana trade in 2014, the local industry, particularly the fresh banana sector, is also the world’s fifth-largest exporter of bananas.
By classification, the industry is divided into three, namely: Cavendish, lacatan, and saba (cardaba). The Davao region attained the highest production with 3.85 million metric tons (MMT). The highest production of saba was attained by Davao in 2010 with 582,529 metric tons (MT).
Top major export destinations for fresh bananas include Japan, China and Korea. For chips and crackers, top export markets include Vietnam, China and the United States. The top destinations for local dried bananas are Vietnam, Japan and Saudi Arabia.
Publication date: 6/5/2017
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: