Co-hosted by FAST and ICL, Fruit Science Live takes place on 18 July 2017 – the eve of Fruit Focus, and is an event for all fruit growers wanting to find out how the results of the most innovative trials could help benefit crop quality and yields.
The event will kick off at 5:00 pm with welcome drinks, and guided tours of trials will kick off at 5:30 pm, providing plenty of opportunity for technical discussion. This will be followed by a barbeque and live product demonstrations from leading fertilizer manufacturer, ICL.
Presenting on the day will be Abi Dalton, FAST trials manager, and Scott Garnett, ICL senior speciality fertilizer agronomist.
Approximately 10 different trials will be on show during the evening, including:
- A plant age comparison on strawberry crops, comparing yields on newly planted, second and third year table-top June bearers
- Two separate trials on ICL’s Agrolution range of fertilizers on strawberry and blueberry plants
- An AHDB funded trial looking at how different thinning practices affect the dry matter, and therefore, the storage capabilities of apples, pears and plums
- Trials to demonstrate the effectiveness of ICL water conservation agent, H2Flo, and how it can save growers money
- An ongoing trial looking at different varieties, different growing methods, and assessing yields
“The strawberry trials are taking place over two seasons, and were planted this May. We’re hoping that this will show that Agrolution can deliver all the elements needed for plant growth in a single bag solution, therefore reducing labour costs and increasing yield and quality,” says Scott.
To book your free place at the event, visit https://www.eventbrite.co.uk/e/fruit-science-live-tickets-34752156636.
- Date: Tuesday 18 July 2017
- Time: 17:00 – 21:00
- Location: FAST LLP, Crop Technology Centre, Brogdale Rd, Ospringe, Faversham, ME13 8XZ
- Booking: https://www.eventbrite.co.uk/e/fruit-science-live-tickets-34752156636