- Grower - Australia
- Director of Marketing & Communications - Summerland (BC), Canada
- Lead Auditor
- Quality Assurance Team EA Region - Antwerp - Quality Assurance Supervisor
- General Manager Australia
- Einkaufskoordinator/in - Austria
- Chief plant protection agronomist
- Сhief agronomist
- Head of Sales for Mexico and Latin America
- Finance Manager for a Leading International Fresh Produce Business
Top 5 -yesterday
Top 5 -last month
Top 5 -last week
Luis Ochoa, Olympic Fruit:
"Spanish stone fruit farmers might destroy their crops"
The situation applies to all stone fruits; apricots, nectarines, and paraguayos. "These Spanish producers are concentrating on the retail marker in order to get fixed prices and to avoid day trading. But retailers also look at the prices on the free market", says Luis. "We now find ourselves in a situation where people are willing to give discounts just to make the sale."
There is, according to the importer, no short-term solution. "There is good demand, but the supply far exceeds this. This will only change if there is less produce, which will reduce the supply and increase the demand."
For more information:
Handelscentrum ZHZ 40A
2991 LD Barendrecht
T: +31 - (0)180 646200
Publication date :
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 08/31/2018 "Colorado has an enviable position in the peach market"
- 08/31/2018 Stone fruit annual report
- 08/30/2018 Hot summer throws Northwest organic berry market into a spin
- 08/30/2018 Mexico: Blueberry producers want to diversify markets
- 08/29/2018 Record year for California strawberries tempered by market & labor
- 08/29/2018 Argentina: Producers lose 1 M$ due to a drop in blueberry export refunds
- 08/28/2018 Argentina: China to send inspectors to cherry farms and packing facilities
- 08/28/2018 BC blueberries end strong season
- 08/27/2018 Chile debates the future of the blueberry
- 08/27/2018 "Nectarine prices have been most affected by the great shortage"
- 08/24/2018 Stone Fruit report Germany 2018
- 08/24/2018 Chile analyzes the challenges of grapes, cherries, and blueberries
- 08/23/2018 Plumcots, apriums and pluots
- 08/23/2018 Japan - 2018 Stone Fruit Annual
- 08/22/2018 Chile: Despite super harvest cherry producers can't cover their costs
- 08/22/2018 Australia: Stone Fruit Annual Figures
- 08/21/2018 Chile: Grapes, blueberries, and cherries at the PMA Breakfast Seminar
- 08/21/2018 Maine's wild blueberry industry at crossroads
- 08/20/2018 Chile stone fruit – MY2017/18
- 08/20/2018 "The lack of fruit is not reflected in the prices; the supply is too atomised"