Job offersmore »
- Key Accountmanager Horticulture Glass
- Product & Applicatie Specialist Opkweek
- Assistant Grower - Canada
- Experienced International Buyer/Seller Germany
- Project and Sales Manager - Russia/Caucasian Region
- Quality Coordinator EU in Supply Chain Management Dep.
- Regional Sales Director - United States
- Territory Sales Position - US
- International Tomato Grower - Worldwide
- Grower Manager - US
Top 5 - yesterday
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
New concept in snack foods
Rhythm Superfoods, a company based in Texas, is using new ingredients and new methods to serve food. Their star products include kale and beet snacks. "We basically peel them and then we dehydrate them to get a crunchy texture," said Scott Jensen, CEO of Rhythm Superfoods. This new concept offers consumers the possibility of having a snack between meals with the certainty that they are not eating empty-calorie fried foods, and that they are getting all the nutrients of these foods.
In addition to its nutritional characteristics, these products have a long shelf life. According to Jensen, this snack "can be preserved for nine months while remaining crunchy." Rhythm Superfoods packs its products in hygroscopic, moisture-absorbing zip lock packages that can be opened and closed as many times as needed.
"We believe this year will be key to our growth, as we have managed to solve the possible problems we might have regarding the climate and product availability, and now we have found a partner in Mexico - where we also have crops - that will use Its commercial network and contacts to open the market in Europe," Jensen stated.
For more information:
PO Box 41345
Austin, TX 78704
Telf.: 001 – 512 441 5667
Publication date: 5/31/2017
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: